“Good pasta!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Very good ITALIAN restaurant!!!
It is difficult to find a very good Italian restaurant in the whole Philippines but La Toscana is one of the few good ones for the food quality.
I recommend the truffle linguine, penne arrabbiata and fusilli salsiccia rustica .

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Quaint food place to go to for a dinner-date, or business meets. Best at dinner time. After touring the city, and having all those local delicacies, your palate may look for something more familiar. Head to this Wine and Dine place. It's definitely a good place to unwind.

Happy Tummy

$$$ Mid to High prices, but worth your money.
Average prices:
Pasta $7.- (serves 2)
Pizza $6.- (serves 2)
Wine per glass $3.-
Complimentary bread (and concoct your olive oil dip to your liking)
House Specialties such as Osso Buco at $12.- is a must try

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Let's start off with the good, or at least not-so-bad news: In a kitschy sort of way the ambience in fairly nice, if somewhat overdone. The Sistine Chapel ceiling as interpreted by some local artist was, fairly gaudy, as were all of the red and green lights, but all told, the atmosphere was pleasant and comfortable. Points should also be awarded for the friendly--if somewhat uninformed--service. The wait staff tried hard to please but did have to keep referring to unseen others for details about specific menu items.

The wine selection--always an important consideration for me--was surely adequate, with Valpoliccelas, Barrolos, Chiantis, and others liberally represented. The prices for wine were, I thought on the high side but not outrageously so.

The not-so-good news is the food. We started with a shared spinach ravioli, home made, and reasonably tasty. The pomodoro sauce however, was so heavily dosed with salt, that the latter overwhelmed all of the other tastes. My compassion and I each ordered a steak--mine with green peppers and some sort of cream sauce--which was simply inedible. I managed to saw through enough to get one bite down, wished I hadn't and had the rest "bagged" for eventual disposal. It was simply that bad. The bread, which I had to order and for which I had to pay extra, was basic white stuff and not a true Italian bread. It surely wasn't worth the Php150 that it cost, and this had to be the first time in my life that I've had a so-called Italian restaurant charge me for bread.

The only other diner was someone I happened to know, and he said that the pasta and minestrone were excellent. Having tried neither, I can't comment except that if the pomodoro sauce was representative, I'm sure it would all have been too salty for me.

We didn't sample the dessert, but did have a flaming sambocca with espresso, and while the espresso was weak (Filipino style and not European), the sambocca was excellent and the flames were a nice touch.

I doubt I will return to this place, and I'm still looking for an authentic Italian restaurant in Davao.

1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 11 August 2016

A real Italian restaurant in Davao city. Near central bank. Address in Tripadvisor is NOT correct because they move to city
I use 2 hours before I find this restaurant but I promise it was worth it
Their Pizza was really delicious. One of best I eat ever. Price it not hight because you get a big pizza good for 2 for 2-300 pesos.
I try Cappriciosa and Quattro. Both very good.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

My family decided to go on a roadtrip along Marilog for sightseeing and to feel the cool weather. We ate lunch at La Tuscana Italian Restaurant at Buda, Marilog, Davao City. Sad to say, it's not comparable to its main branch located in the heart of the city. The fresh vegetable salad costs P150.00 with only lettuce and tomatoes.... I can even make that at home!... plus other meal servings are small. We could have eaten at Seagull Mountain Resort...

1  Thank P-len L