“Great Italian food, refreshing”
Review of Trattoria Uma - CLOSED

Trattoria Uma
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2014

Well, people here are kind of exaggerating when they say this is the best in the Philippines because it is not. It also isn't the cheapest. Price is around P1500 for a three-course meal with a glass of wine.
I had to go in here and eat because a hornet stung my neck just outside the place. I asked the waiter to check it out asap. Haha
All things considered, it is ok but remains on the more expensive side. I think I ate the Marinara pasta with pesto. The pesto was of the house, not the bottled version. It was good. With the lemon shavings, it was the most refreshing pasta I've ever eaten in my life. The wine they serve by glass is also kind of the californian supermarket type which is sad because it wasn't enough to send me "Molto bene"ing for the rest of the meal. Although it did help with the hornet sting.
Service was great. They were attentive. Probably because I was the only there (Sunday night). The other menu items were above average. Place is slightly hole-in-the-wall right on a busy street. More family-oriented than romantic. For group of friends, it will serve as a great dinner out. they close early in the AM I was told.
PS I had eaten better Italian fare for slightly less and this is Bacolod. uhmmmm

Reviewed 12 October 2014

You will be surprised that this Italian resto is even better than most Italian restos in Cebu which is a much bigger city than Bacolod. We had their house Uma pasta in olive & truffle oil with a sunny side up egg on top (oozing with truffle flavor) and their Pasta Marinara, both were very good, the shrimps were very fresh so much so it was still very crunchy. Their steak which we have tried in a previous trip is also good.

1  Thank Tyrone64
Reviewed 28 September 2014

I went there once but as their products did not meet the price tag I did not go back there. The service was also not convincing. Although located next to L´ Fisher hotel the place itself is quite empty most of the time. In my opinion 21, Italia or Bascon 27th offer much better for less.

3  Thank Eric M
Reviewed 7 September 2014

well, among all italian resto where i had been, this is the most authentic italian cuisine, for me...

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Food is great. Service wonderful - the waiter, as is not common in these parts of the country, even went to the extent of explaining each and every dish whenever we ask. Beautiful place. Sky rocketing price though... but it's worth it.