“delicious italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2016

Uma has a small area but the food is very healthy and delicious. service is excellent. i love their pizza, pasta and burgers (large serving)

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Found in Paseo Verde, this small restaurant boasts of good flavorful italian dishes. I loved their salad and steak.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

One of the better restaurants in the city. Good service and good food at a fair price. I would recommend that you give it a try at least once.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

As in all my reviews, a word of caution: I am a European afflicted with European taste and my reviews should be taken with care by Filipino nationals! The title of the review says experiences, plural, as it refers to two adjacent places: Trattoria Uma and Uma Café. The trattoria proposes mostly Italian dishes while the Café concentrates on traditional local Illonga cuisine in a décors devoted to the sugarcane growing tradition of Bacolod. I pretend to be good judge for Italian food, not for the local. Together with my Illonga wife, we experienced several times both places. With invariable true satisfaction, for Italian food as far as I am concerned and local as far as my wife is. For a reasonable price (considering the quality) in a nice simple but pleasant and fairly cosy ambiance in both places, you will be served well prepared dishes, sometimes original like a remarkably original tuna carpaccio, proposed in generous servings. The trattoria is among the closest to the real thing I have experienced in the Philippines, definitely if it refers to the province. As always for non 5 stars establishments, the weak point is the almost non existent wine list... It will take time for Filipinos to accept paying over 1000 pesos for beverage... Finally, you can order from both menus (the Trattoria's and the Café's) in both places. Another plus for a place we visit every time we are in Bacolod.

1  Thank oindu_des_Alpes
Reviewed 1 April 2015

Trattoria Uma in Bacolod was recognized as one of the best restaurants of 2014 by Philippine Tatler. It serves authentic Italian food but I think there are better restaurants if you want to go Italian. It is also quite expensive to eat here which is probably why we were the only ones eating lunch when we visited.

We started lunch with a serving of Cafe Uma Pate (chicken liver pate, crostinis, cranberry sauce). It was good but I think the pate in 21 Restaurant, also in Bacolod, was better. We followed it with salmon, pizza margherita, mushroom risotto, calamari, and seafood pasta. My favorite was the seafood pasta with the noodle cooked perfectly and was very flavorful, although I wish there's shrimps in it for added flavor and color. I was quite disappointed with the risotto because I find it too soupy and was too salty for my taste.

The restaurant is along Lacson St. which is very close L'Fisher Hotel. Ambiance is relaxed and staff are friendly.

2  Thank jun_barnes