Tama Hotel(Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$97
Coco Island Residence(Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains)(Great Value!)
US$65
Le Kerveguen(Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains)
US$92
Le Saint Alexis Hotel & Spa(Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains)
US$266
US$195
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$227/night.

Hotel Le Grand Bleu(Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains)
US$112
Le Saint Michel(Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains)
US$89
US$78
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

LUX* Saint Gilles(Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains)
US$360
US$256
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$296/night.

Hotel Boucan Canot(Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains)
US$224
Residence l'Archipel(Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains)
1,506 results
All reviewsan upgradesuperior roomvery nice hotelnice beachour honeymoonpoolsswimmingislandreunioncurrencyseasupermarketluxmauritius
Reviewed 6 November 2015

A good place to relax after touring the east coast and central areas of the island, with the option to explore more of the island like a round trip, exploring the south.
Recover in the air conditioned hotel room, at the beach, at one of the pools, enjoy the good breakfast, spend a peaceful evening on your balcony or terrace.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Laurent G, Direction de l'Hôtel Le Récif at Hotel Le Recif, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Dear "Robert L",

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us at Le Récif.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be passing on your feedback to our team very shortly.We pride ourselves on the best service we always try to offer so we are delighted that we met your expectations.

Please do come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

We had a sea-side superior room on the first floor.
The check in was very fluent. The room was already vacant at 11 AM.
The breakfast was buffet style with a lot of choice (eggs, cheese, cereals, fruit,...)
When we where there it was very quiet.
There are some good restaurants in the area, even on the beach.
We started here our trip through La Reunion, and it was a good idea...

Room Tip: every room on the first floor on sea side (426 was good)
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Laurent G, Direction de l'Hôtel Le Récif at Hotel Le Recif, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Dear Valued "phille133",
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor.
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our stay with us and that it was a good start for your trip through the island.
We hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2015

The hotel was not too bad. Food was a little disappointing however the rooms were neat and tidy. The beach is unfortunately across the road from the hotel through pine trees. Would recommend viewing the sunset though it's spectacular.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Laurent G, Direction de l'Hôtel Le Récif at Hotel Le Recif, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Dear Valued "AfricanNomad1985",

Thank you for leaving a review about our hotel after your stay with us in Nov. 2014.

We are sorry we did not completely meet your expectations concerning the food.

We indeed are not directly on the beach : our customers have to cross a narrow sandy road and walk 30m. But the georgous sunsets are worth that short walk, arent' they?

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

All the best and safe future travels,

Reviewed 12 September 2015

I had to move to this hotel after a stay of 7 day in the Lux* (5*****)
Maybe because I stayed in a higher class hotel the days before that I was not too happy with Le Recif.
Room are rather small as is the bathroom. Pool is good but small (and cold). No service or chairs on the beach.
Breakfast is ok but don’t expect too much. Service is very good and friendly except for the (Indian) management who treats the staff badly and looks down to the customers.
I never tried the restaurant since there was absolute nothing to eat for me, being a vegetarian.
I gave some laundry to the hotel but afterward I had better bought new stuff since the price for the laundry was more that the clothing was worth.
In September the hotel was rather empty, but still the parking was full all the time. I’m afraid that if the hotel is full you must park your car somewhere else…
In short: No a bad hotel but if I have other options I would go there!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Laurent G, Direction de l'Hôtel Le Récif at Hotel Le Recif, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2015

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for posting your thoughts on your recent stay with us.

We were disappointed to discover that your stay at le Récif*** was far below our usual standards.

We have taken all your feedbacks and comment onboard to help delivery a brilliant service the other guest that come after you.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, my first time in Reunion island. Originally wanted to stay at the LUX Hotel brother hotel of this one but was far too expensive for my budget.

Our room was on the ground floor away from the pools and near the parking area which was quiet at night.

On entering me and my partner went to the front desk and were asked to sit while we waited for our room to be prepared - offered fresh fruit juice - passion and mango if I remember correctly while we waited. After a 15 min wait we were ushered to our room by a member of staff who spoke fluent french to my partner who then interpreted for me There was no translation or speaking in English from him (I don't speak a word) . The room was very clean with a large sliding door wardrobe with 3 doors which contained some shelving and a built in digital safe., some bedding and towels in the bathroom. 14/15 INCH TV flat screen with various local TV as well as some English speaking channels CNN etc We also had details of the fire procedures on the front door as well as info of activities at the hotel and breakfast and dinner options in paper format which was also translated in English.

The rear of the room had a small patio with interlocking sliding doors area with a table and 2 chairs and an ashtray where we could see and hear the waves of the sea and the grounds of the hotel.

Breakfast at the hotel was adequate and nice. As a British tourist they had suitable breakfast arrangements I had fresh eggs cooked (you can choose an omelette with a variety of filings - ham, spring onions onions, mushrooms and other items cooked fresh in front of you.) Bacon, sausage, Fresh orange juice is available where you cut and squeeze them yourself on the 2 juice machines available which was nice. Prior reviews complain about birds (similar to UK sparrows flying around and landing in the dining area as it is open, but hey you are in the Indian ocean right by the sea!! if that isn't expected your in the wrong place!!! That didn't bother me at all. Teas were available as well as coffee fresh bread and if you wanted toast your own bread in the toasters provided.

There are 2 swimming pools on the grounds with a bar next to one of them, there is also a masseuse available as well as badminton volley/beachball equipment form the desk.

The bed was firm and very comfortable and the room was changed daily including towels. Bathroom was clean and hot showers were available on tap with no problems. Overall very clean and there were no signs of bugs, ant etc during my time there.

Location wise as a tourist St Gille is one of the best locations to be on the island. If you like beaches there are only a handful of places to swim on the island without the risk of being a sharks dinner and this area is a premium spot. Over the weekend that I was there there, there is a camping site available very nearby for locals which was choca as it as the last weekend before the kids go back to school. There is also ample parking and a local Tesco style supermarket (Jumbo within walking distance if you wanna grab a few beers or souvenirs) A casino and various resturants are also within walking distances ( google or check on here for suitable ones to visit. There also local clubs which as open late into the night but I didnt visit as my stay was mid week.

Security on grounds was good and I saw staff with torches patrolling late at night

Only gripe I would say is our room did not have anything in the minibar and the wifi was painfully slow even though we had reception in our room.

We didn't have dinner at the hotel as we ate out in the local vicinity with so many options. for lunch and dinner. Last day there was even ponies available a big bonus if you have kids.

As for the beach its a 3 min walk from the hotel grounds, to the loveliest beach on the island, watching the sun go down, seeing the locals and tourist intermingle. Unlike other destinations worldwide you are not hassled by beach sellers - there was only one guy I saw selling coffee and some snacks.

The water was warm and shallow, perfect for kids and snorkelers with coral all over (buy some reef shoes def recommended if you want to explore a little further out and prevent slahed feet!) you will see some amazing fish multicoloured and of all colours - absolutely amazing, my last day there I watched fish for over an hour with a yellow flag!! think I was the only person in the water at that time but i didn't care :)

As long as you expectations are not 5 star you will enjoy the hotel, I had a blast and cant wait till the next time I come to St Gilles and the Reunion Island.

Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: You have a free password for the door to the beach, free snorkel equipment, Beach is a 3 min walk from hotel :)
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kwa78
Laurent G, Direction de l'Hôtel Le Récif at Hotel Le Recif, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank your for taking the time to leave such a detailed comment about Le Récif on TripAdvisor. We're so delighted to know that you were satisfied with your hotel experience.

We apologize for the speed of Internet and the fridge (not a minibar) that did not match your expectations.

Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our guests, and we're always striving for improvement. We hope to see you again soon!