“Good stay, decent pool,a bit noisy room”
Review of Ramada Cluj

Ramada Cluj
Ranked #16 of 56 Hotels in Cluj-Napoca
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I stayed there a weekend as a buffer time between business trips in mid December.

As location the place is pretty far from the center so you need to take a taxi but they come very fast.

The room itself was large , nice bed, I just loved the desk, good internet connection, a kettle, the only observation I have was that is was noisy even with the windows closed as I could see the road.

The breakfast was ok, not excellent but ok, would of expected a bit more for the price. I'm a foodie I really care about this :)

I tried the pool, not bad and it is one of the only ones opened in winter. Sauna was ok. But the lady at the reception made a whole scene how did we not figure it out that the number on the key is the locker number.. May I say it perfectly fitted into and opened another 3 lockers as I showed her. If It would not of worked perfectly I may of wondered about the number :)

Maybe the pool needs a little renovation to look like a 4 star hotel but it works and we payed around 50 ron per stay.

The hotel staff was friendly otherwise as one day I had to hang around there for like 5 hours after check out for my transfer

I liked the food at the lounge, Avocado, I think and reasonable prices

Overall a good stay but could of been more quiet and a bit friendlier (pool only).

Room Tip: my room overlooking the main street was a bit noisy, try an inside view
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Ramada Cluj

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

This is the kind of hotel where you know exactly what you get for the money you spend.
But here you will have also surprises, not always nice.
I checked in at 9 pm and I barely managed to speak to the clerk because of the noise from a banquet in the saloon.
The room was clean, and being located on the fifth floor it was quiet enough. Breakfast was ok, even they didn't refill the scrambbled eggs tank 30 minutes before the breakfast ends.
So, it was an acceptable experience, but I wonder how can I pick up a hotel in Bucharest with better services and conditions for 110 eur/night. And the answer is: random!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Lousy services.
They give us the key card to another already occupied room.
They lost our informations for the invoice.
Room not clean (glass stains on the desk).
Slipers and robes available only if you call the desk office; we had to call twice to receive 2 pairs.
Nice swimming pool, 2 saunas, a small gym (6-7 machines), with 360 panoramic view.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

My room was located towards the street and it was very loud. It was impossible to open the window. The room seemed clean and was OK. The staff at the front desk was not as attentive and friendly as I would expect. Breakfast was OK.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2017

I had a very pleasant business stay at Ramada in Cluj-Napoca. Room was clean and fit, the hotel was quiet and sleeping was good. The breakfast was also of good quality and variety, supported by friendly hostesses. It is a 5 min taxi ride from the center of Cluj, so I was able to exit 20 mins before my meetings and still be on time. A very nice impression indeed.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business