See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Rather old rooms and furniture, frugal breakfast for announced 4* hotel. Located near the road - noisy, but far from metro station. Historical part of Moscow interesting for sighting but not for business trip . The only thing that was really good - wi-fi. Strong and stable.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

This is an okay but not better Russian hotel. That means it's not really a very good place by international standards, but isn't bad by Russian ones. The furnishing is simple but okay. It's not fancy. The towels are better than what I'm given at my gym, but much worse than most in US hotels. The toilet paper is scratchy. The breakfast will fill you up and is fairly typical Russian, but can't be called good. My room was uncomfortably hot, with no clear way to turn down the heat. It did have free, pretty good wi-fi, and the staff was okay- not super friendly, but not bad. The location is nice enough, though not especially close to a metro station- about a 15-20 minute walk. But, you can walk to a number of places if you want to. I would not spend a lot of money to stay here (I was on business) but if you can get a good price, it might be worth it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
streln, General Manager at Elegant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your positive opinion about our hotel. We will try to fix negative things you mentioned with toilet paper and towels and choice of breaakfast meals.

Yours,
Sergey

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Ok, good location and friendly front desk staff. My room was an upgrade to a junior suite - no windows!, just a skylight!? There were no pictures or even a clock. This is an old wooden structure and if there was ever a fire you might never get out. The free included breakfast is okay, but limited selection. The rooms are clean, but my modern shower didn't have space for soap or shampoo? You get one small bar of soap and a small packet of shampoo, the kind you have to tear. The towels are rather small. So be sure to bring your own soap and shampoo! The WiFi is good, but I had to step out of my room and reach and disconnect and re-connect the power source to get my floor router to work. So the Elegant Hotel is neither elegant nor four star but knowing what to expect will make your stay much better. I would go back because of the location and value - but now I know what to expect and do!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
streln, General Manager at Elegant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your positive attitude to the work of our staff. Receptionists, housemaids and kitchen they try to do their best.

As for the buiding itself - it is very old and not all modern things can be implemented. We have only five rooms with the window of dormer type. Many of our guests like these rooms with dormers.

Other junior suites have normal windows and we will be happy to offer you one of these rooms when you come to Moscow next time.

We will install soon in all bathrooms dispensers with soap and shampoo.

Thanking you for choosing our hotel for accommodation in Moscow and hope to see you with us next time

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Based on the other reviews I was dreading being here but it's fine. Decent size room with windows and rooftop views. good free WiFi (am on it now), helpful porter and a very good central location. Will be back here in the next week or so and will comment if anything changes. Nicer than the faceless chains for sure.

Room Tip: I had room 4 but lots of stairs .....
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Chrisg59
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Stayed here for 9 nights in June 2012, paying a hefty amount of between RUB4,500 to RUB6,300 per day, for which the hotel did not provide any complimentary services such as free water for consumption, no laundry service, no foreign exchange service and rooms with an attic and no window. If one would like to stay in a fire trap, this would be the hotel! The basement cafe where breakfast is served is so stuffy that a strong old smell is present at all times. The food served and the bread are not fresh. All in, this hotel is a total rip off. The only consolation would be the location which is a straight road from the Red Square, but I would certainly not return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012