“Thé Main building is a most”

The State Hermitage Museum
Book In Advance
More Info
US$20.14*
and up
Skip the Line: State Hermitage Museum St...
Ranked #3 of 1,880 things to do in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of the most famous art museums in the world, this museum is housed in the Winter Palace, and contains over 2.7 million exhibits including some of the world's greatest works of art.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We really loved it! But when you buy thé ticket, buy just for the main building. We didn’t have time to visit all the museums included in our ticket and I don’t think is worth it, we visit thé général staff Museum and it isn’t finish yet.
By the time we finish the both museums, we didn’t have any more energy. We found a shame that people who work there doesn’t speak a little English, I mean my mother tongue language Is Spanish and I speak French too so I do expect that they do a little effort to communicate with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (21,248)
All reviews
in 102 reviews
"louvre"
in 425 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

What an amazing piece of history. Although I only had time for a quick visit I was impressed by the grandeur of the place, incredible.
There are thousands of pieces of art by all the well known artists. However it was the sheer elegance and of the decor that struck me most. Amazing gold leaf decorated rooms, Stunning chandeliers and columns.
It is a must see.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

It is a really magnificent place, and there are amazing exhibits there. It was easier to navigate than it initially looks, and with a map it should be quite easy to do. I would have liked it to be a bit more modernised, with a few interactive displays.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Be prepared to spend a long day on your feet as there is much to see. We actually purchased a 2 day ticket for not much more than a single and spread our visit. Make sure to include the General Staff Building across the square as this houses the Impressionist and and modern art collections.

1  Thank Spottedteapot
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Although our local guide provided us only the important pieces and items, there are lots more to see and explore. Four hours is not enough to see the more than 3,000 pieces on display and details.
Its amazing and impressive that this attraction has is not as popular when the rooms itself are attractions by itself. Overhelming are the fine details and the interiors of each rooms and it was amazong to hear how dedicated the restorers of the pieces are as they dikigently and patiently put the pieces into this magnificent display of finr arts and antique pieces.