“Excellent prelude to Marinsky ballet”
Review of Romeo's Restaurant

Romeo's Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 11,400 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian, International, Bar, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, View details
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Romeo's Restaurant is located in the heart of St. Petersburg in a few steps from the Mariinsky Theatre. The spirit of Italian Opera and architecture invariably conjures up dreams of Italy and Romeo's ready to be your guide in the culinary world, where it is implemented the desire for an authentic Italian restaurant in Russia.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

With my wife we wanted to dine before a ballet at Marinsky Theatre and were lucky to find Romeo's. Perfect and clean italian setting, kind and warm service and very tasty food. We had gaspacho to start - excellent - and fish as principal plate. My wife adored the sea bass, and I was happy with grilled salmon. I would have given five stars, but since I remember even tastier salmon in Finland, I stayed at four stars. Five would be correct, also. Highly recommendable place, especially with so moderate prices.

Date of visit: July 2014
Write a reviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were taken to Romeo's on the 2nd day of our organised tour of St Petersburg. It is essentially an Italian restaurant, but we had a set menu of local dishes. We started with a salad, followed by a bowl of warming borsch, a creamy Beef Stroganoff with rice, and ice cream for dessert. All of the dishes were delicious. We also ordered some local beers to go with it that we paid for in roubles. They also make their own pastries that we were able to try.

The décor is smart and modern, and the service was very friendly and efficient. Recommended.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The food was good but the chocolate dessert I had was amazing. I saw it in a display counter when I walked in the door and knew I wanted it. It looked like a mound of chocolate. It had pieces of cake and a very light meringue inside.

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We went there late night after the Opera in the Mariinsky theater. We had no reservation and they were busy but luckily they had one table outside, by the canal. What a charming set up. We could sit there the whole night if we were not tired.
Food is very good, a real gem of Italian food and very friendly service. Whatever we had was very good: Steak Tatar, Asparagus with fried egg (not to believe how good is the combination), Pasta Carbonare and "Aglio & Olio Pasta". I don't remember what we had for desert but believe me it was delicious: usually we share the desert but not this time - each one had his own desert! They have a wonderful but selected Italian menu . They have also some Russian and Ethnic dishes. highly recommended!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Travelling a lot and enjoying good food and service, I was still positively surprised by Romeo's Bar & Kitchen. Not only about the warm hearted and attentive service but as well about the the fantastic food. The cosy interior is warm and inviting and one can spend just a short time for breakfast or some hours with friends or family. The menu delivers everything you would expect from an Italian Restaurant and much more. The pastry is outstanding and makes sure you won't regret the gained weight. All in all, a fantastic discovery and I will surely be back next time!!!

1  Thank Rillof A