US$125
  • Breakfast included
US$74
  • Restaurant
US$139
All reviewsperfect getawayplatinum statusdinner buffetbeautiful hotelduty managerspecial thankshotel roomsheratonyuespatub
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Arranged to meet a friend in the hotel bar. While I was waiting for them to arrive I tried to red. drink. No one at bar so asked at front desk if I could be served a drink. 5 mins later a waiter turned up. I had chosen a gin and tonic from the drinks menu on bar. The waiter disappeared and came back 5 mins later to say hotel has no tonic. I then tried a Mojito - again another wait until I was advised the kitchen didn't have the ingredients for that either. I tried a margarita and another cocktail in vain. Then I asked for a glass of white wine. Again after a longish wait the waiter appeared with a bottle (open) of red wine. Finally ( 40 minutes after my first request for drink!!!) a bottle of white wine appeared that was half full - it tasted as though it had been around for a while but by then my friend had turned up (fortunately they were able to serve. beer) and I didn't want to have any more hassle. The cost for the drinks was extortionate too! Unbelievable for a hotel purporting to be top class.
Lovely looking hotel but don't be deceived by appearances - absolutely awful!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank janetcharlesworth
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

It's a perfect getaway hotel to conduct meditation workshop. Besides being far away from the city, making it inconvenient to do shopping at town area, the hotel serves a wide spread of dishes for breakfast.

Hotel room within beautiful landscaping and serenity view !

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 19 June 2017

Dear meiyink,

Thank you for staying in our Resort and for sharing your experience with us. We are glad the Resort is up to your expectation. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 2 June 2017

We stayed at this resort last week for 4 days and had the best experience! I chose this mainly because of it's location and stunning views of the lake and mountains. Just a note that it is way too far from downtown Guangzhou (almost 1 hour drive from the train station). So if you are looking for just a relaxed getaway and enjoy time inside the resort then this is perfect. There is absolutely nothing else to do around this location.

We were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and had initially booked a "Lake view Villa" from the hotel's website and as the name suggests I expected to see a lake view from the room but when we arrived it was a huge disappointment because there were just trees in the balcony with absolutely no view or lake in sight. When we approached the front desk, they said all "lake view villas" are similar, it's just a name and they don't have views. After insisting that we are there to celebrate a special occassion, the staff was kind enough to upgrade us to a suite with stunning views of the lake and mountains (just what we wanted!) . We had the best time!

Even though we had some glitches with the booking intially, it all turned out very well and we had the best stay. I am thankful to the duty manager Mr.Tony for upgrading us and making sure we had the best anniversary.

I highly recommend this place and will definitely go back there someday!

Room Tip: Get the suite with the lake and mountain view
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pratima_Nagaraj
Management response:Responded 5 June 2017

Dear Pratima_Nagaraj,

Thank you for staying in our Resort and for sharing your experience with us. We are glad the Resort is up to your expectation and that you have a great stay with us. Our room was built around the lake, different room has different view of the lake, part of the rooms can not see large area of lake view cause of the angle problem. So happy that you are satisfied with the view of the suite, and have a good wedding anniversary celebration at our resort. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I have now spent a few nights over 3 trips into Guangzhou at this hotel. First off, please realize you are a good 30-40 minute car ride from the center of the city. As long as that doesn't bother you, you will get lost in this large property surround by beautiful gardens and views to match. The staff here is as pleasant as possible, actually some of the nicest Starwood employees that I have ever met. Always, recognizing my Gold (about to be Platinum) status, offering me upgrades to the Villas, driving me to my room, etc. Always going above and beyond to make me feel welcome and comfortable. This last trip, I'd like to give a special thank you to both Rachel and Becky at the front desk - always smiling, always looking to ensure the guest feels at home. All I need now is a full weekend of not having to work and I would bask in the sun, relax in the pool, and enjoy the spa services that this hotel has to offer. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are gold or platinum, don't worry, you'll likely be upgraded to a villa!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 1 June 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying in our Resort and for sharing your experience with us. We are glad the Resort is up to your expectation and that you have a great stay with us. We have shared your compliments with our resort's team and we thank you for your graceful feedback. Look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

It was really nice resort to spend a weekend with, all the staffs are friendly and kind, even the bellboy can speak good English, we were lucky that we got upgraded to a nice villa because of my platinum status of SPG, the view was beautiful despite of raining weather.

Special thanks to tony and ms Xia, they did provide professional help and great service.

Looking forward to coming back again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cognac888
Management response:Responded 27 May 2017

Dear cognac888,
Thank you for staying in our Resort and for sharing your experience with us. We are glad the Resort is up to your expectation and that you have a great stay with us. We have shared your compliments with our associates and thanks for your appreciation. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.
Sincerely yours