US$128
US$117
US$81
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

US$122
US$26
US$9
US$7
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshower toilethotel barstreet foodmetro stationcomfortable bedmuslim quarterstayed hereterracotta warriorsbell towernice hotelchinesechinaairportcitywalls
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

First time trip down to Taiyuan, Shanxi, China.
I have to say that it pretty much modernise now compare to a few years back which I read about it. Honestly food here is amazingly cheap and satisfying. I enjoy the nice weather although it was cold due to winter but overall it is great.
This hotel Mehood is nice and go for family stay.
The television is the best one, they using project for the home theatre in your room, auto curtain on and off, daily replenish of snacks, water and yogurt drink and coffee. The great thing about this hotel is the cafeteria at the lobby.. daily they will have a a lot of snacks, cakes, fruits and also the auto coffee dispenser they have 4 different hot drinks which is milk coffee, hot oatmeal, hot black sesame drink and the nicer one was the taro hot drink.. yum yum will definitely come back to stay here again..
that’s all guys.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Comfortable bed and super close to everything in Xian town. I love how it is located in a walking distance to Muslim night market and staff here are friendly. Breakfast is mainly Chinese food but also have good coffee and toast/simple European offer. Recommended for any traveler if you are in Xian

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 5 days in May, can't imagine anyone rating this hotel poorly. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, and most spoke English quite well. My room was well-appointed and clean, with free water and snacks. The only hiccup was that the day I arrived it was unseasonably cool, and they shut off the hotel air-conditioning, so my room that 1st night was a balmy 25*C! The hotel is located very very near the Muslim Quarter, so food was close and plentiful! Really good Breakfast Buffet, but the "hotel bar" isn't really a hotel bar, it's the Breakfast area in the evening! Wifi worked fine, good shower, room was handicap accessible, and as I had a room away from the street it was nice and quiet. Close to subway, too! I recommend it!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2017

This may not be the most luxurious hotel in the world but the staff make up for that with their cheerfulness, which they have in spades. Surprisingly, a nice comfortable mattress - a rarity in China except at top international chain hotels.

Wide variety of breakfast items (although limited opportunities for a western breakfast) and disappointingly although cornflakes and rice krispies are on offer, only hot milk was available.

A notable point is that this is the first Chinese hotel in seven years I have stayed at that didn't ask for a deposit. There is a free, regular shuttle bus to and from the airport which is very handy given the distance of the airport from downtown.

Good location and within walking distance of some very good restaurants. The hotel bar was I thought reasonably priced, charging 12 yuan for a cold beer. They also have live music in the bar but I think it is confined to weekend nights.

For the prices charged I would say it is very good value for money and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in future.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank SinophileLuton
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Stayed here for two nights on a trip to the Terracotta Warriors with our 3 teenagers. We had two rooms, a family room and a double. The family room was large with a double and single bed and large bathroom. The double room was small but adequate apart from the strange shower/toilet configuration! Having said that, the rooms were clean if a little tired but for value for money you could not beat it. Literally everything in this hotel was free except for alcohol. They even did a free airport transfer to and from the hotel which unfortunately we didn't know about until we got there! (email them directly if you book it - they will arrange transfers with you prior to arrival - we booked through a third party and did not know this). There is a bar area which they set up every evening with every snack you can think of plus free soft drinks, tea and coffee and bottled water. Breakfast was mainly geared towards the Chinese but plentiful and there were some things which appealed to us westerners such as bread, croissants, jams, eggs, juice etc. The only minor complaint I had was that they were not very organised at replenishing things at breakfast and we had to ask several times for glasses, coffee cups etc. The hotel is in a good location. it is probably approx 700 metres walk to the Bell Tower on the flat, then across the square you then come to the Muslim street food market with every type of food you can think of and a real experience. If you are not keen on walking, we realised later that had we taken a left out of the hotel, instead of a right and left again by the IBC bank, we were actually at the entrance to the Muslim Quarter without walking the mile to get there! All in all we enjoyed our stay and thought it was very good value for what we paid.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family