All reviewseast winghorizon clubwest lakeclassic hotelbit datedhealth clubchinasuwestlakelakesidetaxismandarin
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing hotel to stay in. Amazing look.rooms are very auspicious too. There is lake right in front of hotel.few rooms gives amazing view of Lake.simply awesome. The hotel has distinction of hosting few guest like Angela Merkel, Vladimir Putin etc.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
杭州香格里拉饭店, 总经理 at Shangri La Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Somnathwagh
Thank you for sharing your experience at Shangri-la Hotel Hangzhou, We are delighted that you enjoyed our Shangri-la hospitality. We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Yours sincerely,
Karl Karlsson

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel has two wings and it's quite confusing. Car service took me to the east wing,and I then realized my room was in west wing. Signage not clear and it took 15 mins for my driver to figure it out. Hotel staff was not very helpful either.

The room must have not been renovated at least the last 20 years. Bathroom fixtures requires significant upgrade.

Having said that, location of this hotel is excellent, as the famous "West Lake" is right in front of the hotel. I had a glimpse of it in the morning.

Front desk staff is below Shangri La's high standard. Post check out, my invoice was stuffed into a small envelop with half of it sticking out of the envelop.

I am a huge fan of Shangri-La and have stayed in many of their hotels in China. Have to say this one ranks bottom of all the Shangri La hotels that I've visited.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
杭州香格里拉饭店, 总经理 at Shangri La Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Vivian T

Thank you and best regards.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the West Wing of the Shangri La hotel which could be the old wing, it used to be called Hangzhou Hotel. The location is just within walking distance to the West Lake and the famed LouwaiLou restaurant is also close by. The room was large and cozy. Bed was soft and although I just arrived from San Francisco, had no problems sleeping through the night. There was no traffic noise at all.
The only drawback was the heat outside. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
杭州香格里拉饭店, 总经理 at Shangri La Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear 汉民 郭,thank you for sharing your experience at Shangri-la Hotel Hangzhou, We are delighted that you enjoyed our Shangri-la hospitality. We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel was a luxury hotel but it needs to be refreshed.
The restaurant room looks more like a cafeteria than a five star hotel restaurant. The food was good but not exceptoonal. You could see that at its prime time, the hotel was fantastic. For example the furnishing in the room is made of heavy wood... not cheap things.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank jerry68bis

Dear jerry68bis
Thank you for your review of Shangri-la Hotel Hangzhou. We too are disappointed with your stay experience with us and are concerned about the service issues you have raised. Would you please provide us with more details via email at slh@shangri-la.com so we may investigate internally and take necessary actions to improve services if needed. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you and best regards.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I am a Shangri-La fun but this is not. This hotels operates like 50 years before in all aspects. Facilities all very old and very complicated to find. Service is like China 20 years before when you hardly find people speaking English. Generally this hotel cannot stand between so good hotels in Hangzhou city. Sorry for my bad comments but this is the truth

Stayed: July 2017