“Best steak I've had in my life! ”
Review of Wakkoqu, Shinkobe

Wakkoqu, Shinkobe
Ranked #5 of 10,729 Restaurants in Kobe
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Definitely on the must try list! We travelled to Kobe just for this and got the Wakkoqu special tenderloin and sirloin set. The steak was delicious and literally melted in my mouth like butter! And the friend rice is a must! Cooked with the beef fat goodness! Definitely the best meal I had in Japan and a must eat!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Pros: Awesome and tender beef / nice ambience.

Cons: Waitresses are not too friendly / not really a kid-friendly place; our baby was crying and the waitresses told us to keep his volume down so as not to disturb the other customers.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We arrived at Kobe during the afternoon and walked to Shin-kobe as we did some sight-seeing. When we got there 30minutes before our reservation the location they were situated in was really empty and quiet so I suggest you to get there just on time! We ordered a kobe set meal (14200 yen) for dinner and the Kobe beef was actually so mind- blowing. I really enjoyed it at this restaurant and would definitely come back again!!!

1  Thank Yi Z
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Kobe beef is worth every penny!!! The steak is prepared fresh and cooked Teppanyaki/Hibachi style in front of you. Perfect marbling on the meat which makes it soft enough to breakdown with minimal chewing. Meal is complete with vegetables and other side dishes. Suggest to go there for lunch as the set meals are cheaper compared to dinner. I made reservations online (they have a website) to ensure that we get seats. Do yourself a favor and go!! Service was excellent, water was refilled instantly and it was easy to get the attention of the wait staff.

1  Thank ChristineS_Manila
Reviewed 17 August 2017

If you want Kobe beef, you can't do better than this place. Not obvious to find, but worth the trouble. The chef prepares in front of you perfectly grilled steak with accompanying seasonal vegetables, and at the end makes a fried rice using the steak fat on the grill. Our chef let us know which sauce to use with each item. Dessert was the most perfect melt-in-your-mouth melon. Expensive, but.. if you can afford it, very memorable meal, and probably the best steak I'll ever have. Friendly, professional staff. Dress nicely.