“A frustrating and rude experience”
Review of Wakkoqu, Shinkobe

Wakkoqu, Shinkobe
Ranked #6 of 10,942 Restaurants in Kobe
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I was rudely asking to wait outside with raining and cold weather for about an hour! Waiter is very rude, and smoke fills the room! The worst experience in Japan ever!

2  Thank Diana H

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

To start with, we try to book it a few days in advance, but they messaged me saying that the place was full. As I was going to Kobe anyway, I decided to give it a go. The place was totally empty apart from one other couple of tourists. Empty place with no locals was already a big sign that something was not right.

The food was very average. I had better meat from street markets in Japan. What was served was definitely not a prime steak, although I paid for the second most expensive beef. The side dishes were also ordinary.

I would have been satisfied if I had paid half of the price. But for 200€ for 2 people, i would expect much more. I'm sure there are better options in Kobe than this tourist trap.

4  Thank PenguinHostelFaro
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

When you look around Kobe, you will see a ton of Kobe Beef restaurants, but ignore them. Go to Wakkoqu. Get a reservation early and enjoy you meal there.

The restaurant is cozy. The staff are professional and the beef is outstanding.

They serve regular items too, but when in Kobe, eat Kobe.

The portions are large. Beef meals usually come with vegetables and soups and a tea after.

IF YOU NEVER HAD KOBE BEEF. SET YOUR STANDARDS HIGH AND COME HERE AND TASTE THE DIFFERENCE.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Kobe and wanted to sample the Kobe beef. This restaurant ranked high and despite its high price we decided to try it, we were not disappointed. Service was excellent and the staff spoke enough English to manage to explain the menu. We had the Kobe tenderloin and sirloin menus. The beef was cooked to perfection and melted literally in the mouth. Cooked in front of us the show was part of the meal and the chef who had been there 30 yrs entertained using all the fat and beef in the garlic rice and bean sprouts presented with the beef and vegetables. It was probably the best beef I've ever had and would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I'm not a huge beef eater, but this was spectacular. We went for lunch, and the lunch special was about half the cost of a normal meal, though still over $50 per person. Worth doing once, for sure, and super convenient, as it's attached to the Shin-Kobe station.