“Culinarian Delight”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pontocho
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

If you have an appreciation of culinary talent, this is a must dine destination.

Unfortunately, one previous reviewer in 2015 did not match up with the restaurant and the unfair "terrible" review unfairly dragged this gem of a restaurant ranking down. Fortunately for me, I asked the concierge her recommendation of the finest non steakhouses meal in Kyoto and she booked me here.

We went with the preset multi course meal on the patio over looking the river. Each course was executed with precision. The combinations of the flavors were spectacular.

The chef is a humble award winning French chef. Our server, Natsuko and her partner were enthusiastic young professionals. All were committed to exceeding our expectations.

If it is in your budget to spend $150 on a great meal, I strongly recommend you treat yourself to a great meal at Misogyigawa.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

After spending over a week in Japan and trying many different types of restaurants here including 3 star Michelin star Ryugin in Tokyo this by far was our favorite. The hospitality is unreal as most is in Japan.. I never would have thought to try a French restaurant in Japan but it came highly recommend from a foodie friend. Every dish was perfect and I'm a highly picky eater. The wine the chef picked for us was one of the best Chardonnay's from France I have had. You need to try this restaurant make sure your hotel books you a reservation.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Three of us ate at this high-end French-influenced restaurant on a Thursday evening. We were the only diners at the bar and received exemplary service throughout. This included being escorted to the bathroom and waved goodbye at the end of the meal! The plates are very small, so be prepared to eat several plates in order to be sated.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

A very unique experience. The quality of the food is exceptional. The service is superb. Every course is so tasty and so well presented, you will remember this restaurant for a long time. Chef INOUE Teruo runs this French Kaiseki restaurant with such personal care, pride and attention to detail, I'm not surprised that the food and service is so good.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

My wife and I returned to this restaurant after a memorable meal in 2007. Sometimes your memory gets polished, but not on this occasion.
We opted for a private room ( as last time). We opted for top degustation and accompanied with French champagne and a superb Chambertin Grand Cru. I only order these wines when confident the meal is of a very high order. That was the case, every course was beautifully presented and delivered on all counts, quality of produce, texture and flavour meld. French?Japanese is certainly are favourite cuisine in the world.The staff and service arfe outstanding. Chef Inoue visits during the meal. He is a delightful man. This is a MUST for fans of this type of cuisine. Our meal so much better than many Michelin starred restaurants ( including 3 stars) we have dined out around the world. I forgot to mention the wonderful style and presentation of this beautiful old Japanese house

1  Thank Russ1625