“Good views”

Cuisines: European, Bar
Neighbourhood: Shimogyo-ku
Neighbourhood: Shimogyo-ku
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Nice views of sunsets from this bar with cool blue lighting. We were there at Happy hour so 2 for 1 drinks but they are expensive and staff are indifferent

1  Thank BurySt_EdmundsTrevor

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

On the 3F of Kyoto tower there has a fabulous view and excellent service. Cocktails here is good especially TOWER COCKTAILS and price is also acceptable

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

I thought I couldn't put the lowest rating to a restaurant as it would be unfair but in this case 1/5 is almost too positive.
The view and atmosphere are ok, not great but ok ... the rest ... a disaster.
My wife and I went there for a romantic moment, just a drink and a snack. There was almost no one in the Kuu bar at 7:30 pm, surprising... we were given 2 seats with nice view. After 20 minutes nothing, really nothing, we had not seen any waiter. Finally we saw a guy and called him to place an order, 2 mojitos and a plate of salami and ham.
Then 20 Minutes later we got the the order... our mojitos were prepared with shaker (quite unusual) and they forgot to put sugar in it. Not a problem, we asked for sugar that did not come. But luckily we found some white sugar on a table, better to help yourself when you can't get what you are supposed to have with your order. Now the food... there were 10 pieces of meet, salami, ham and smoked duck on a plate of about 15 cm. Needless to say it was not much, but the duck was still frozen!!!
We called the waiter, once again but he was too busy and said he would come back later... 15 minutes later no one. We left and paid the bill : 4000 yens for 2 badly prepared mojitos and frozen smoked duck.
Try to find another place if you want to have a drink...

3  Thank PascaleThierry T
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Expensive. Drinks aren't great and stinks of smoke.

Do the views make up for it? I don't think so.

Staff are nice enough. BTW it's 300 yen cover charge pp

1  Thank Michael vvv S
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Cool, dated interior. Fabulous views to Kyoto.
Slow but reliable service.
Drinks expensive and not very good; my martini was not cold. Snacks: 5 cheese plate came with some saltines. Like food I might eat at home but more $$$. The karage was soggy, but I liked it.