Hotel Keihan Kyoto Grande
US$118
US$91
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

Ibis Styles Kyoto Station(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$98
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

Kyoto Itoya Hotel(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$105
US$78
JAPANiCAN.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

Hotel Monterey Kyoto(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$82
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

Ryokan
Arashiyama Benkei(Kyoto)
US$552
US$222
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationunderground tunnelthe buslocated oppositetravelling by trainsingle roomjapanese foodjr stationtwin bedskansai airportconvenient hotelbaksobusiness hoteltop flooraeon mallcomfortable staygood size
Reviewed 21 February 2015

2 of us stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in a "single room for 2 people" ...apparently something was happening in Japan, it was a very busy time and I was not able to get any other hotel close to the station except this one and only this room was available. The room was very small so I do not recommend getting this size for 2 people, it is meant for only 1 person. It was very clean and the bed although small was comfortable. Other than that, the location is perfect, the check-in was smooth, the staff very kind and helpful. They kept our luggage well after check out so that we could take a tour of Arashiyama. I asked for directions to a post office and they took my package and mailed it for me! Would definitely stay here again and would recommend to others!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2015 via mobile

I stayed in a single room for one night after arriving in Kyoto. Having done some sightseeing in the morning using an English map provided at Kyoto station, I thought I would collect my bags and check in. Beware - the hotel was listed on the map which I thought was very handy as my phone had gone flat and understanding addresses can be tricky. The location on the map was wrong! After searching for almost an hour around the backstreets just a few streets away I thought I would go to the Avanti department store to ask for help - and stumbled across Hotel Keihan!

I was feeling less than happy at this stage, but check in was quick and easy and my room was small but warm, clean and had tea, slippers and a dressing gown - enough to cheer me up quickly.

So long as you don't rely on maps provided by the station (and I think another review mentioned the google maps location was off too), the hotel is in a great location for travelers - across the road from the station but towards the end of the station, and right next to Avanti (technically they are joined in the same building I recall). Follow signs at the station to Avanti instead of relying on maps!

• Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Annalies
Reviewed 1 January 2015

Overall a rather decent hotel and appears to be popular with Japanese tourists. Location wise it is very convenient as it is located across from Kyoto Station with access to JR lines and the local metro (via an underpass) and right next door to a mall (Avanti). For those using the Google Maps app on their phones, beware that the location of the hotel is wrongly stated there.

Staff of the hotel is what made the stay memorable. They were very helpful even with the struggles with English. We had a lost luggage that had been trailing us from Narita since the day we landed and started moving all over the Japan and communication with the airport baggage service people have been a nightmare. The staff were helpful in speaking to the baggage services people and managed to get our lost luggage delivered to the hotel.

Everything in the room worked as it should. Decor and fittings are rather dated but the room and bath was clean. The in-room air purifier and humidifier was much appreciated and made sleeping in the heated room during winter quite pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank OliK75
Reviewed 24 December 2014

Not much to complain about but not much to rave about either. The hotel is easy to locate but trying to check-in/check-out/ask the reception questions takes quite a while as there seems to always be a long queue. Room is quiet and clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daryl L
Reviewed 18 December 2014

the hotel located just across kyoto station. so u can go anywhere without hassle to catch train or bus. if u go to kyoto by willer night bus from tokyo, the bus will b stopped near the hotel area, you just need to look around to find the way to go to the hotel (it's near avanti - which has big visible sign). room wasnt that big but its still decent. staff was very helpful, we just asked if he knew where we could find a coin laundry place, he gave us a map about surrounding area including the landmark (like restaurant, coin laundry n such). i enjoyed staying here n will definitely book here again if i go to kyoto :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family