Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed with my two elderly parents for one night at the end of April. The hotel is a little farther than we expected, the equivalent of five blocks. We checked in in the evening and at reception, there was a basket of amenities (bar soap, shower cap, etc.). Ladies receive a special gift with masque and other beauty products.

Our room was a "triple." There were two twin beds and a cot. The beds were a little hard but fine. The cot not so much. Also in the room was a desk, mini-fridge with free bottles of water, TV (needs a card, which you can purchase from a machine on the ground floor), small table with two chairs. In the closet, there are slippers (disposable and not). There is an exterior sink with big vanity mirror outside the bathroom with toothbrush/toothpaste and razor and shaving foam. There are large pump bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel in the bathroom, which contains a sink, Japanese toilet, and bathtub. The room was functional and the interior was quiet and without the cot, would have been veritably roomy for Japan. I would not have wanted to stay there for any length of time, but a couple of nights are fine.

Breakfast was part of our package. We all chose the Japanese breakfast, which included miso soup, fish, rice, salad, pickles, and several other dishes. Except for the fermented beans, everything was really good. Fruit juice, coffee, and tea to drink. Breakfast is served adjacent to the lobby. There is a free internet computer off to the side that you can use.

Because of our luggage, we took a taxi to and from the Shin-Osaka Station, which is 650 - 750 Yen.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Anon100
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This hotel was situated further from the ShinOsaka station than indicated but once we got used to the walk, it was OK.
The breakfast was ample and there were lots of choices BUT you had to decide whether you wanted Western or Japanese and there was NO crossover between the two. This proved to be awkward sometimes!
Our twin room was comfortable and large enough by Japanese standards. The washroom was quite large as well. We chose to stay here as a base for travelling out to other cities: Okayama, Himeji etc. and that aspect worked out very well as the 10 minute walk to the SHIN station was manageable. We stayed for 7 nights and their other hotel (about 3 mins away) had laundry facilities which was great.
Since we were using a JR pass, it was easy to hop the train to get to the Osaka station, about a 7-minute ride.

Room tip: There are no rooms with "views" as the hotel is right beside the railroad tracks leading to Osaka Station (from SHIN station). The twin rooms are slightly larger than normal for Japanese standards.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed 9 nights recently as I needed a hotel very close to Shin Osaka station for my daily touring using the Japan Rail Pass. The Station hotel annexe is just a five minute walk away and was very easy to find on my initial arrival. As a tip if you have luggage exit the station by the East exit, there is an elevator to take you down to street level and a street level walk to the hotel. Leaving the station by the central exit will require the walk up over and down the steep steps of the footbridge over the rail tracks.
The room on the 4th floor was small but well appointed, apart from a lack of storage space for clothes, clean and comfortable. The room overlooked the railway but had great soundproofing and I was not disturbed by the passing frequent trains. Breakfast was also included in the price with a choice of Japanese or western food daily but it was a bit repetative after 9 days, probably most guests only stay over for a night or two. Staff in the restaurant and at reception were very pleasant and helpful even though I don't speak Japanese and only a couple of reception staff spoke English. Another couple of good services offered are free internet use at two pc's in the lobby for a maximum of an hour at a time and a complimentary bottle of water left in the room fridge daily. I'll stay here if I visit Osaka another time.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank CatmanLondon
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I booked this hotel needing a cheap place to stay while on an overnight Shinkansen transfer in Osaka. I was pleasantly suprised with my experience.

If you are arriving into Osaka by Shinkansen, the hotel is less than a five-minute walk from the south entrance of the station.

Rooms are small (as you would expect in any Japanese budget hotel), but are very clean and comfortable. The lobby faces the street and railroad tracks, but the annex rooms are in a detached building off of the street and are very quiet. You don't hear any train noise at all.

Breakfast, if not included in your room rate, can be purchased for ¥600 at the front desk. Both Western and Japanese "buffet style" options are available. All hotel staff I encountered were very courteous.

There may be cheaper hotels in Osaka, but you won't beat this location if you're are using the Shin-Osaka station. All the main sights in Osaka are a short subway or JR train ride away, or if you are day-tripping to Kyoto it is about 25 minutes by limited express train.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Kip L
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I was a little sceptical when other half took me to this hotel as it is not in the most desirable location.We had chosen this hotel as it gave good value for money and easy access to train station from where we could travel to Kyoto and Nara without incurring huge hotel costs.
Staff could not have been nicer!1 They gave us gifts on arrival of hand made cards and toiletries and offered us these packs every time we checked back in!!
Room was very spacious with 2 large single beds.
Breakfast was ok, choice of Japanese or Western breakfast,nice coffee.
Modest, clean hotel which met our needs.

Room tip: Ask for 2 single beds!!
Date of stay: May 2011