“An OK business hotel”

Ranked #34 of 298 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Melbourne
“An OK business hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

I have stayed here many times on business. It is a reasonable business hotel across the road from the Tennoji railway station so quite easy to get to by train from the Osaka airport.
Rooms are small as you would expect in Japan but when on business with entertainment every night even their single rooms are OK although the double rooms are much less claustraphobic.
Breakfast is OK but not to most Western tastes but they do try. The bar on the top floor is quite good but not cheap.
There always seems to be somebody at reception that speaks English and they are usually helpful.

Room Tip: Try for a double room and ask if you need a lan connection for your laptop. They are free I think bu...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank vicnzsa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Thessaloniki, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

Stayed here June 2010. My extended family all speak Japanese except me which made things very difficult.

The actual hotel was fairly average on the whole, nothing home to write about.

The one thing that is memorable about this whole experience is the gym. I am fairly into the gym (even on holiday) so I enquired about the possibility to use the Hotel Gym facilities. Apparently the hotel gym doubles as a big proper commercial gym so I was in luck? The price was PRETTY damn high for one day, something like USD$10-20 for a day pass I can't remember. The actual gym itself had a pool, mini dance-hall, lots of machines, cardio machines and TINY free weights area. Naturally being Japan there were not many guys there who used the free weights / knew what they were doing there. Another funny custom in Asia is that you need to bring a towel EVERYWHERE in the gym to keep it clean. Fair enough but I sweat more at my home uni gym and I never wipe anything nor does anyone expect me to. More worried about the actual weights themselves. I guess the Japanese philosophy is not about "smashing weights and getting pb's" but about being "courteous and making zero noise/frills" in the gym. Ain't going to get big that way!

Off topic but since the gym was actually in the hotel I thought it would be relevant. The staff weren't bad though to be fair, I thought it was funny at reception they were selling all these weird Japanese brand protein/supplements. They sold this "protein water" which I thought would be funny/interesting to try so I did but afterwards when I got my Mum to translate the bottle I found out there are was only 5g of protein in the whole bottle lol.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MichaelJT19
Windsor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2008

Stay for 4 nights,nice lobby,clean hotel,rooms a bit tired and could use redoing.Food in hotel is good with price a little on the high side.Staff always friendly and very helpful even though I do not speak a word of Japanese.Would stay again.Many places to eats near by,great food on 9th floor of plaza complex 2 doors away from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BDHwindsor
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2007

We stayed here because it was close to where my husband had to go for training for work. As the "accompanying spouse" I had my days free to explore Japan with my JR pass. Each morning after breakfast I would duck under the hotel to the subway, or cross the road to the JR station. In 2 hours I could be 400 km away on that day's adventure. At night we'd take the subway to different districts for dinner and to see the sights. The accommodation was of excellent standard and quite spacious.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing to dislike but the beers in the top floor bar were expensive
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)