“Dear carnivores,...”
Review of Barat Restaurant

Barat Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 4,844 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

as a carnivore I can tell you: you don't need meat to have a delicious meal! You want a proof? Come to the Barat restaurant in Bangsar. You'll find an enthusiastic chef who puts his ideas about food (e.g. "know your sources") into reality, an extremely friendly, warm-hearted and attentive team and - not to forget - very delicious food. I had (on two consecutive evenings - I normally don't return to the same restaurant the day after, but it was worth it) the pumpkin soup, the arugula salad, the basil pesto, the carbonara and the chocolate lava - everything was an extreme delight.

1  Thank Christian_Gaertner

Reviewed 28 May 2017

It was a pleasant surprise and happy that we choose this one for dinner. We chose set 12 course menu along with a nice rose wine. The flavours and presentation were awesome and portions were reasonable that at the end, one does not feel stuffed, We had a chance to catch up with Chef Lingesh who seems to know a lot about the food, including emphasis on local and organic produce. Highly recommended

Reviewed 3 May 2017

This place is brilliant for a gathering or a date. The energy and the ambiance is superb. The CHEF is so passionate and the staff are very nice
Now about the Food.... its awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee. I love the food here, I have been here like 6 times till now and not once have I complained and I doubt I would ever complain.

@ the first floor they have a really nice n funky bar!!

HAPPY EATING!!! I'm sure nearly everyone will love this place!!!

3  Thank Travelerbrat_in
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

This was our final dinner in KL and it was one of the very best. We went for the tasting menu which was course after course of vegetarian delights. The two pasta dishes were a personal highlight.

The chef came over and explained the mission behind the restaurant, which is to encourage a greater awareness of the origins of the food we eat. He bemoaned the fact that 80% of Malaysia's food is imported. Sure enough, several of the ingredients used by the restaurant are grown on site or nearby.

Seriously exciting food from a chef with a bright future.

1  Thank Stephen A
Reviewed 15 April 2017

my daughter sourced this restaurant whilst trying to find good vegetarian food in KL. i was the only vegetarian in a party of 5, but everyone gamely joined in and absolutely loved it, we all had the degustation tasting menu, and it can only be described as superb. i urge you to try this restaurant, even if you aren't vegetarian. all the food was locally sourced, and cooked beautifully. my family are all meat eaters, but it was quite simply the best meal we had in KL.

2  Thank Sue D