“Worth the stay”

Alpha Genesis Hotel
Ranked #128 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Friendly staff, very helpful too. Average and standard rooms but clean. Excellent location as the hotel is near Changkat, best place for partying. Heaven for food too. Price is reasonably too. Good place for those who enjoy night life.

Room Tip: All floors are ok
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
desmondalpha, Director of Sales at Alpha Genesis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for always choosing to stay with us at the Alpha Genesis Hotel. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed the night life here.

I look forward to welcome you back again in the near future and if I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact us.

Highest Regards,
Branson Bautista
Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 5Nights..
The rooms are indeed spacious..
We got a room facing the menara tower.. just amazing!
Hmmm..... Bathroom is totally not that clean as it is obviously a quite old hotel...
I can rate the bathroom 7/10.
Furnitures are obviously not the new but still presentable..
Cleaners are very polite and staffs.
Over all the price is indeed very much reasonable compared to other hotels..
We felt safe staying in these hotel..
Definitely will come back here again on our next visit again in KUL MY..

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Spent 5nights here and it was pretty good. The first night was spent in a superior room and the rest in a deluxe room, purely as I was curious to check out the differences. Had also wanted to check out the Executive suite but did not in the end owing to my hectic schedule which would mean I'd not get to spend much time at the hotel and it would have been a waste in my opinion.
The hotel is quite nice and can't fault it really. Don't expect luxury but it is a great place if you just want somewhere to lay your head.
There is a decent sized in-room safe where you could fit a thin 13inch laptop I am guessing, but probably not much bigger as my friend just couldn't fit a 15inch Dell he's had for may be two years.
There was a bit of an issue with the unlocking mechanism on the door for the second room (which would not unlock from outside), but after I complained, the hotel staff sorted it out as I kept on coming back to the reception and they had to send a security guard up with me on two occasions with a special device to be able to allow me into my room. They did check first though to confirm my ID just to make sure I was really the right person. It seems as if there was a weak battery in the lock which they must have replaced after the second day.
I was in room 802 for the deluxe room and I must say, you get a view upon the Menara tower which is to die for at night. Any room above that one must only have an increasingly impressive view.
There are also lots of pubs just round the corner from this hotel, plus they also serve some food. Jalan Alor is also one street back so there's great eating options (although I personally did not get to try the food there).
Another nice thing are the massage offerings just down the road from this hotel. There are numerous options, although I cannot attest to the quality of the massages as I did not get to go for one. Their prices did look quite good though.
There's a few corner shops also literally across the road that seems to be open everytime I looked (seemed like 24/7).
There are two train/monorail stations nearby as well, one being Imbi and the other AirAsia Bukit Bintang.
Uber is also readily and easily available in Malaysia. I found it cheaper than Grab in most cases I checked, so I just stuck to Uber due to my global familiarity with the services.
It is worth noting that the area in front of the hotel seems to suffer from traffic jams in the evenings due to people heading for the pubs. So it may be better, if you are in a hurry to get an Uber in the evenings, to turn left and walk down the road for a pick up in front of Sky Express Bukit Bintang hotel (or Swiss Gardens), which are along a main stretch of road (Jalan Pudu).
I must say that the staff I came into contact with were all very nice and professional and at night they have a security guard stationed in the reception too (reception seems manned 24/7) and one round the back too as far as I could tell.
Would definitely recommend this hotel as great value!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The hotel is located just 2 streets back from the main street Bukit Bintang, so the location is actually great for the price. Our room was tiny and although we didn't spend hardly no time in there, it was to small for u, although its very clean which is very important for us.
Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was average; plain and simple but it filled you up.
For the price, its a great hotel, no faults actually stand out for me except our room size.
Just be realistic, at £30 per night, don't expect a Ritz Carlton Hotel. Would i stay again?Ignoring our room size, yes i would, its clean, cheap and in a safe central neighbourhood.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2017

The location is great coz its close to all shops, massage & eating places, specially in the night where the local street vendors and street foods are. Its alive in the evening. Lots of places to buy fresh local fruits.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely review following your visit at Alpha Genesis Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with the location. I like fruits as well, did you try our Durian King?

All of us at the Alpha Genesis Hotel can’t wait to welcome you back soon!

Warm Regards,