“Best dumplings ever?!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

Shanghai has always been a favorite of mine when it comes to a lovely lunch place with a slight upscale ambiance. This however does not make this place any less inviting or cosy. Anyway, service is excellent as usual, and as is the food quality. My personal recommendation would be the cold flat noodles in peanut sauce and of course the ever popular Xiao Long Bao. Thank you, Shanghai, for always making my lunch experiences pleasant and memorable!

1  Thank Kenny Y

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

I always bring my gf come for dining in shanghai. we come once of most every week. yean and alice are know well our preference and put we in room.we love the xiao long bao here and ravioli soup.and some monthly special dishes. they know I alway pre-order before I arrived.good prepare for us.we love to come here for dating.

2  Thank saddam h
Reviewed 6 January 2016

As recommended by the Duty Manager, we were not disappointed with the food from this restaurant. The taste was exceptional and surprisingly, value for money. Very popular, hence they do not take reservations so worth going early. As a couple, we were seated quite quickly as the moajority of guests were large families.

1  Thank Lodwyk D
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

Their yolk bun is simply the best.. Can't get enough of it..

They have many variety of dimsum and trust me all are delicious

I will definitely come back to this place whenever I visit KL

1  Thank Maria B
Reviewed 2 November 2015

We often stay in the JW in KL but would go near and far to eat but not in the hotel; other than in the Exec Lounge. Tonight we decided to try Shanghai Restaurant and we were bowled over. As it was hairy crab season we had the siao long bao, and river prawn and crab roe noodles. Both were outstanding. The Japanese bean curd with century egg and dried scallops was excellent. The fish stomach and crab meat veg soups were great. For desert we had the salted egg custard bun/Liu Sha bao and its the best we had such Shamrock Restaurant in Jordan, HK closed down.
Service was excellent, very attentive.
A repeat visit is on the cards.

1  Thank TanSS