I'm left with no other option but to reiterate most of the comments already left by previous reviewers. I was deeply impressed with the level of care and attention this guest house puts in, to ensure guests have a comfortable and enriching stay in Kuala Lumpur.
I can't thank Christina, Michael, Anita and the team (Teri, Omar, Ara and Sophie) enough, they take guest service and hospitality to a whole new level. You'd be hard-pressed to find better value than Sarang Vacation Homes in Kuala Lumpur. Due to my stay being a hefty 19 days in total, I was adopted into the family and felt fortunate to see KL through the eyes of locals.
SERVICE: Faultless. As bold a statement that might be, it was true on every level. Anita would ensure you have anything you wished for at breakfast and was super-efficient at all times. Christina and Michael would provide maps, information, timetables and recommendations of what to do and see in KL. Not only that, guests were treated to a breakfast trip one morning, to sample a South Indian breakfast – which turned out a great opportunity to meet new people too. They offered driven tours of the city and guided trips to the local markets all at reasonable prices. Christina and Michael were hands-on and would accompany us to many of these places.
LOCATION: Fantastic! Sarang Vacation Homes are situated on residential streets away from the hustle and bustle, but close enough to WALK into main areas. 5 minutes to Jalan Alor (famous Jalan, packed with street food/hawker stalls), 6-7 minutes to a hub of Western Bars near Jalan Alor, 7 minutes to Bukit Bintang, Low Yat Plaza, Fahrenheit 88, 10 minutes to Pavilion, 12 minutes to Chinatown. There are two stations 2-3 minutes away by foot - Hang Tuah LRT and Hang Tuah Monorail.
ACCOMMODATION: Spacious, comfortable, clean and simple in design. I moved between three rooms during my stay there (as I repeatedly extended my stay) and each room was decorated individually with artwork from places the family had travelled to. The toilet/shower, living room and dining room areas were communal and often cleaned a few times a day, so it was always impeccably spotless. Individual rooms were cleaned every day and bottled water provided each day.
In the time I stayed at Sarang, I grew extremely fond of this family. They took care of me both as a guest and on a personal level. I would highly recommend Sarang to friends, family and TA readers. BIG thanks to all at Sarang for being the highlight of my trip to KL, look forward to seeing you again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rent a room (starts from RM130 for single room) or the whole 4 bedroom house (starts from RM550). Sleeps up to 12 pax. Great for families or single travelers. All rooms with aircond and windows. Low density occupation ensures a comfortable stay. Close to Bukit Bintang, Jalan Alor, Twin Towers, Chinatown, Times Square, Little India. Taxis, Monorail and LRT stations nearby. 10mins from KL Sentral and Pudu Sentral. So easy and cheap to get around. We also have food tours, night market tours and cooking class. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Sarang Galloway Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarang Galloway Bed And Breakfast
- Sarang Galloway Hotel Kuala Lumpur