“My new benchmark for Hospitality and Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sarang Galloway Bed & Breakfast

Sarang Galloway Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 322 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“My new benchmark for Hospitality and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I'm left with no other option but to reiterate most of the comments already left by previous reviewers. I was deeply impressed with the level of care and attention this guest house puts in, to ensure guests have a comfortable and enriching stay in Kuala Lumpur.

I can't thank Christina, Michael, Anita and the team (Teri, Omar, Ara and Sophie) enough, they take guest service and hospitality to a whole new level. You'd be hard-pressed to find better value than Sarang Vacation Homes in Kuala Lumpur. Due to my stay being a hefty 19 days in total, I was adopted into the family and felt fortunate to see KL through the eyes of locals.

SERVICE: Faultless. As bold a statement that might be, it was true on every level. Anita would ensure you have anything you wished for at breakfast and was super-efficient at all times. Christina and Michael would provide maps, information, timetables and recommendations of what to do and see in KL. Not only that, guests were treated to a breakfast trip one morning, to sample a South Indian breakfast – which turned out a great opportunity to meet new people too. They offered driven tours of the city and guided trips to the local markets all at reasonable prices. Christina and Michael were hands-on and would accompany us to many of these places.

LOCATION: Fantastic! Sarang Vacation Homes are situated on residential streets away from the hustle and bustle, but close enough to WALK into main areas. 5 minutes to Jalan Alor (famous Jalan, packed with street food/hawker stalls), 6-7 minutes to a hub of Western Bars near Jalan Alor, 7 minutes to Bukit Bintang, Low Yat Plaza, Fahrenheit 88, 10 minutes to Pavilion, 12 minutes to Chinatown. There are two stations 2-3 minutes away by foot - Hang Tuah LRT and Hang Tuah Monorail.

ACCOMMODATION: Spacious, comfortable, clean and simple in design. I moved between three rooms during my stay there (as I repeatedly extended my stay) and each room was decorated individually with artwork from places the family had travelled to. The toilet/shower, living room and dining room areas were communal and often cleaned a few times a day, so it was always impeccably spotless. Individual rooms were cleaned every day and bottled water provided each day.

In the time I stayed at Sarang, I grew extremely fond of this family. They took care of me both as a guest and on a personal level. I would highly recommend Sarang to friends, family and TA readers. BIG thanks to all at Sarang for being the highlight of my trip to KL, look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Dilsdidit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Tilburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Besides a good central location has Sarang Galloway the best hosts! The hospitality of Michael and Christina (but also Anita and others) are limitless! They helped me a lot (also with personal sitautions even at times when I wasn't in Kuala Lumpur). I really had a great time. The apartments are spacious, clean and fully equipped. We have enjoyed it so much that we have been there twice now and when we will visit Kuala Lumpur again in the future we will definitely go back to Sarang Galloway.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Fabiennedw d
Pelican Waters
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

Comfortable accommodation with exceptional service, including personalised trip to market for breakfast included in the cost.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Janine G
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Ours for a fairly large group, 4 adults, 2 children and 1 infant...!! Right from day one, when i called Mike to seek his advice on my KL trip, he was very professional and answered all the questions that were fired at him!

The ease of booking process is absolutely amazing.....! Thanks Mike for that!

I had requested for an airport pick up which Mike had arranged, it was perfect and absolutely no issues with that! If your travel group is not large and minimal luggage then from the LCCT I would suggest you take the prepaid budget taxi to 'Swiss Garden Hotel' and it would not cost you more than 75RM!!

The location of the 'Sarang Galloway' is an absolute gem of a location, so near to all the main areas in KL, yet no sign of any disturbances or noises!! You can walk to china town in about 10 mins, to Times Square in about 7 mins, Bukit Bintang is about 5 mins walk, there are a few 24HR supermarts near by within 5 mins walking distance, so much so that you would not want to hire a taxi, unless you are as lazy as I was!! :):)

Coming to the service - What can I say?? As charming as Mike and Christina are Anita was the surprise package. I have never had such a wonderful hostess! She is an amazing lady with so much attention to the requirements of the guests!! It was unbelievable!! Mike - If you are reading this please pass on our deepest regards and heartfelt thanks to Anita!!

I have stayed in so many B&B's before, but never before did the host actually ask me what I would like to have for breakfast?? Anita would religiously ask us every evening as to what we liked to eat the next morning, and she would have it ready at the requested time.!!!!! 7 star service!!!

The house it self was nice, cosy and absolutely clean, which just shows the time n effort that Anita and Team put in!!!

We fell in love so much with the place that I am sure whenever we return to KL...we will stay with you again!!

Once again many many thanks for your help and making our short ( 3 nights) stay very memorable!! My sister and her family too are conveying their thanks to you all...!!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with a bigger group..choose the 'Sarang Galloway'
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank arrvee79
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

This flat is very good value for money. It couldn't be in a better location. My partner, best friend and I could walk to everywhere that we needed to go in central KL. A wee tip is to defo go to the KL tower for the buffet lunch in their rotating restaurant....by far the best thing we did in KL. The flat was very clean when we arrived, and a lady cleaned the flat everyday. Breakfast was delivered every morning and we got a choice of what time and which breakfast we wanted. The staff are extremely friendly - the member of staff who really stood out for us was Anita. She ensured everything ran smoothly e.g. our taxi to the airport at 6am....she was there to make sure the driver showed up. Unfortunately she was on holiday when we first arrived and there was a bit of a hiccup with meeting my friend when she arrived quite late by herself with all her bags from the airport. The flat is quite difficult to find, because there are no signs, we assume for security reasons which is fair enough but all the more important to stick to the arranged meeting time & place. The exterior of the flat is not the prettiest, but inside is very comfortable and the decor is fine. It is a budget apartment, so it is exactly what we expected. The shower and the kitchen facilities were great. Also, the beds were extremely comfortable. It sleeps 5 people but unless your a family or in your 20's I think it would be a bit too bijou for 5. We were delighted with the flexibility and attention to detail that was offered by Michael and Christina. Overall we were very happy with our choice, would recommend it to friends and family, and would definitely stay again ourselves.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends