The Green Hut Lodge
US$111
US$111
US$222
US$166
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$184
US$160
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$109
US$82
  • Restaurant
ParkRoyal Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$88
US$67
US$77
US$71
US$101
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$86
Hotels.com
Ramada Suites Kuala Lumpur City Centre(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$50
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Don't get blended by the nice lobby area cos this place is not worth the price they charge! There so called breakfast is not even worthy of a mention....an absolute joke. The rooms are small and not very clean. Every thing in the bathroom toilet, shower, sink, etc. was in dire need of repair. We couldn't regulate the air con so it was either like a fridge in the room or like a cooker when we turned it off! The staff were ok on our first day but afterwards were generally unfriendly. I would definitely not recommend this place!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Edward K
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here for one night. Room sparsely furnished but fine. Air con which worked. Two elec plugs. Thin walls and door which needed mending. Wi fi was fine when I got there but next morning was broken. Nice communal area. Showers dirty. Kitchen floor soaking from rain. Breakfast not worth anything - cheapest bread and jam I imagine that could be found, a few straggling tea bags. Staff friendly, could find better.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank homeward2304
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Great central location in the heart of KL. We stayed here 3 nights on our way to Borneo. The staff is very helpful and the common areas are clean and inviting. The rooms are small and could use a little freshening up. The walls are thin and the hostel is on a main street that can be noisy at night, especially after midnight. The common showers are small and could use a cleaning more than once a day. There is a/c, wi-fi, and hot showers. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms without windows are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

I was in Kuala Lumpur in March and was looking for a cheap place to stay. I ended up going to this place as I the rest of the places were out of budget for me. I was underestimating the place because I had read all the present reviews below so I had given this lodge the least priority on my list. Let me tell you that whatever reviews are present below mine are either written by people who have never been to a guesthouse before or who are just too mean and ignorant. I was warmly welcomed and given good discounts plus I got to choose out of the rooms that they had. The wifi signals were awesomely fast though my room was on the 2nd floor. The staff was very friendly, helpful and respectful. The rooms were very clean without any sign of bedbugs. They even gave me a separate television and a DVD player plus few movies when i told them i was bored. I saw a few families staying there as well and they also seemed pretty satisfied. I would recommend this place to people of all ages. It is a place that gives you the true essence of malaysian ethnicity and culture.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Although it's already more than 2 weeks since my friends and I returned from KL, I never forgot I should log on tripadvisor and say sth about this Green Hut Lodge. To be fair and honest, this hostel has a clean and spacious lobby, which is all the good it has. I trusted Lonely Planet and booked 2 rooms(1 family room for 95 RM and 1 standard room for 75 RM) for 2 days at this hostel's website. You cannnot believe but it's true their online booking system is quite advanced compared to ordinary hotels, it's very tricky and deceiving.

When we went upstairs, we finally saw the rooms, the sheets, the blankets are very very filthy, the smell was also bad, like something was rotting but you cannot find it; the aircons looked like rubbish but fortunately they worked that night.

It was midnight when we checked in and completed paying everything. The morrow morning, the first thing we did was to find another hotel. Fact is it's easy to find a clean hotel within 50 meters distance. When we returned to Green Hut Lodge, we negotiated with the hotel people, they insisted that REFUND is IMPOSSIBLE. I believe they are very experienced with this kind of negotiation.

We didn't get refund for the 2nd day, totally 170 RM, still we moved to another hotel without hesitation.

I hope I can forget this terrible hostel, I also hope no other people wil have such experience as we did.

Room Tip: You cannot, because they don't have any good room. At the time of our negoation on Feb.7, the hotel people tried to change room for us. Well, the rooms are basically the same, very shabby and filthy. They certainly didn't mean to disappoint you, but their best is just like rubbish.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends