Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$126
US$122
US$107
Official Site
US$85
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$100
US$96
US$80
Sunway Putra Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$59
Hotels.com
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
Book now, pay at stay
US$199
US$188
Mandarin Oriental
2,699 results
All reviewswarisan caferoyale clubbukit bintangpetronas towersstar hotelpavilion mallbreakfast buffetpremier roomhuge bathroomrotihop on hop off busfree upgrademin walkamazing hotelclub roomspacious roomnoodles
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I had booked this hotel as part my trip with my girlfriend. I ended up deciding closer to our arrival that I wanted to surprise her with a marriage proposal. I emailed the manager Ms. Puteri and she helped prepare the most romantic and elegant premier room in the hotel. I can not thank her enough for all that she did for us. The Royale Chulan and Ms. Puteri completely exceeded my expectations. My fiance was completely blown away. I was even surprised when we returned to our room to find rose petals strewn about the room with a big heart and our initials on the bed.

Even without the proposal stuff this hotel is truly elegant in all aspects and the breakfast with endless choices were absolutely tantalizing.

I highly recommend this hotel for any traveler!

Thanks again Royale Chulan, we will never forget what you did for us.

Room Tip: The premier rooms have a balcony to enjoy the city skyline.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My room was on the same floor as the pool. The balcony opened up for quick access to the beautiful pool. Ate at the buffet that night, really great and good value.Room large and very clean. Great location. About 7 minutes walk to the Pavillion. Liked it better that Traders

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank JulieC1951
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Nice room, very impersonal Lobby, the lobby liked like an ice skating rink with the continuous marble floor.
Pros. Hotel is on a quiet street, only 2 blocks walk to the Pavillion Shopping center and restaurants. Room is large with balcony, beautiful bathroom, Wifi was free and worked fine. the breakfast buffet was large

Cons: They dont advertise the on-site restaurants like they should in the room and i didnt know where the lounge was , other than the lobby lounge. Front desk and lobby staff felt impersonal. the breakfast buffet should have had more cheese choices (only a small complaint) and they cleared my table when i went back for some fruit, even though the newspaper and coffee were there.
Seemed slightly overpriced.

Other:
you can walk through Pavillion to Star Hill and easy stroll to China town area.

There is a large club not far from the hotel called BBC. and a large asian/ chinese restaurant on the walk to the pavillion overpass (you need to take that pedestrian overpass to the Pavillion, as the road is fast moving and has barriers).

The Hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour bus has a stop one block from the hotel, which was convenient. pay for ticket on the bus.

Room Tip: the regular rooms are no different than an executive room. Suggest a courtyard view room
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2011

About this hotel, there is actually not all that much to say. It is good, maybe very good what room quality is concerned, but the thing that is really incredible is the temperature that is maintained in the whole building.
The main lobby and the restaurants are like iglo's. We were a company of four and stayed for 5 nights. All four of us ended up having a cold by the the time we left. The breakfast is fabulous, no it is better than that! Service in the bars (lobby and others) is plain rude. very unfriendly and with an attidude like" be happy we want to serve you".
Overall a good hotel with correct price/quality balance with the breaky as the highlight.
However , the way the energy is wasted in this place is not acceptable anymore in this day and age. It is not because you can afford it, it is OK.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Booked here for one night short stay to try out the hotel. We were check into a studio suite room which is equip with a small kitchen area, a standard bathroom with no bath tub, and also a standard size living area with big bed.

Check in was okay, but we weren't really properly greeted as hotel guest as probably we were not properly dress? (were only with shorts, tee and flip flops) anyway, hotels which overrated like this shouldn't look down on any hotel guest and they should improve with a warm welcome to the hotel. The location is good, close walking distance to KL shopping landmark Pavillion. Walkway to room does makes me feel like I'm in Venetian Macau with their long trek to rooms and large hallway which makes you feel a bit "royal" haha.

Room in all was okay, not quite suitable with the title royal, but just a normal standard 5 star hotel. My only problem with the room is the shower room. Water spilled out everywhere whenever we take a shower, also to mentioned is their broken toilet door. I supposed all this should be check before any hotel guest go check in.

Never have the time to try their spa and pool area. Being a "halal" hotel I supposed, there's no Chinese cuisine for in room dining as well. Check out was a bliss as we were books under Expedia.com. I guess I would only come back with the same rates I'm paying or lower, but would not stay here with their full rack rate. If you're looking for a studio suite room, I would personally suggest you try MiCasa All Suite Hotel in KL. :)

• Stayed: December 2011