Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience New Malaysian Kitchen
from US$107.70
More Info
All reviews teh tarik nasi lemak cooking class recipe book malaysian dishes char kway teow satay learning how mango pudding lovely mum cooking tips edible garden sara khong classes teacher plants
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2020

My husband and I love food. We would go around Kuala Lumpur for good nasi lemak. Sara’s nasi lemak is one of the best! The rice is extremely fragrant from fresh coconut milk and pandan from the garden. The sambal is made just right - not too spicy, not too sweet. Sedapppp!

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 26 August 2020

So delightful to meet you Sara Khong our friendly cooking instructor. She is so helpful and guide us throughout the cooking lessons for ondeh-ondeh, ayam goreng berempah, nasi lemak, four angled beans salad and teh tarik.

I was so impressed with the tour in the garden with different varieties of herbs which I have not seen some before. Enjoying cooking with Sara and she is kind enough to share tips with us on each dishes. Her explanation was clear.

Will definitely join her classes again if I have the opportunity in future.

Thanks Sara

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

I had recently attended one of Sara’s cooking classes with my girlfriend and I actually properly cooked something and it tasted delicious! All thanks to Sara Khong for unlocking my newfound ability to cook.

I haven’t smelled so many different spices and herbs in awhile. Having a tour of her garden was really a treat, as it was so enlightening to learn so much from what’s readily around us if we took the time to learn about it. When the time came for us to cook, I was amazed at the many ingredients that were needed just to make a bowl of curry laksa, sambal and Yong Tau Foo. We spend quite a bit of time cooking a storm but it was totally worth it. Everything came together with the proper guidance from Sara with her simple to follow little cook book instructions, resulting in the most flavourful curry laksa and tasteful Yong Tau Foo that I’d ever put in my mouth.

I’d highly encourage anyone who wants to give cooking a try to come Sara’s Class. Also, if you run out of couple-things to do together, this would definitely be a must try too!

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed 6 March 2020

The cooking lesson with Sara was absolutely delightful and thoroughly educational! When we arrived, we had a light local breakfast graciously provided for us by Sara before proceeding to her garden where she educated us on the herbs used in most Malaysian cuisine. We got to identify and smell the unique differences between each of them in her quaint garden before heading back in to her homely kitchen where she had set aside all the ingredients neatly. She then explained each ingredient to us and guided us throughout the prepping and cooking process in a clear manner that was easy to understand and follow. She has broken down the recipe steps into a near exact science and taught us about this interesting method of identifying when an ingredient is ready to be taken out of the wok! We were surprised at how effortlessly we were able to recreate an iconic Malaysian dish! We have nothing but thanks for Sara’s lovely personality and genuine hospitality. Whether you are a local (which we were) or a tourist, we highly recommend Sara’s class as it is a truly charming experience worth your buck and time.

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed 25 February 2020

The cooking class was great! Everything was so well organized and supervised. The chef is very friendly.We visited her garden where we could hear about local herbs used in the Malaysian cuisine.She shared us tips to improve our own cooking. At the end we received the recipe booklet.

Date of experience: February 2020