All reviews bukit bintang no lift no window bars and restaurants nice place to stay comfy bed cereal hostel noise wifi floor nightlife luggage rail
Reviewed 15 September 2018

This LOOKS like it could be a charming little getaway place, BUT ...

I've travelled to around 70 countries and would put this hotel in the top of the list of worst places I've stayed at. Seriously? Pounding doof-doof drums and bass music rattling the windows till 4am every night for starters.No option to ignore it if you want an early night.

Other annoyances:
- not a single cup or glass or water or kettle supplied in the room.
- walk up stairs to room - and when you reach the 3rd floor I found my key didn't work because they'd plugged in the wrong check out date (oh, and had to carry 25+kg case up the stairs by myself)
- breakfast - bare minimum to get you by
- was expecting an urgent shipment by courier. Courier company said it had been delivered, hotel said nothing. Turned out it arrived the previous night but the duty person had locked it in a cupboard and not informed me nor the incoming receptionist, so there it sat despite me protesting loudly that it had arrived and been signed for.
- cleaning and beds made only every 2nd day.

Ok, I think you get the idea that I'm annoyed by all of this because it has so much potential. But think seriously before staying here.

(Written at 3:18am because I can't f'ing sleep again).

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

So, the staff was great and the room was decent. Breakfast is ok. And the hotel has character. The one thing you must take into account: it is right next to a club. Expect deep low noise of clubbing music until 4 am. If you go clubbing, no problem. If you are a light sleeper and like your nightrest? Reconsider if this is the place for you.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

The rooms we booked were rather nice but.....

The adults in our group managed barely an hours sleep each night. The noice from nearby bars was incredible and went on until 4 or 5am, the base from a nightclub continued until 8am. The flashing lights from the bar terrace shone directly into our room, we had to hang all out towels and our duvet in the window to block it out. Don’t imagine I am fussy, I love a bit of colour but this was just too much.

We were on the 4th floor, that’s a lot of stairs to climb with luggage.

Breakfast was terrible but don’t worry there are some lovely cafes nearby

Don’t stay here if you want to sleep.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

The place where the guesthouse is located is just amazing.. just around the corner you‘ve got an amazing street wirh lot of bars and restaurants.
The stuff were very helpfull and good organized..
The room was clean and nice. Not so big but still good.
We had a very glad stay there and i would rent again next time.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2017

If you are looking for a cheap bed and bathroom in the middle of KL's party scene this is the hotel for you.

Rooms are basic and clean. Breakfast consists of (toasted) bread, some sandwich spreads, cereal and instant coffee. There are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby if you prefer something else to start your day with.

The hotel is located in the middle of KL's nightlife area. Perfect if you are planning on partying all night yourself. If you prefer to have a good night's rest then I would recommend booking elsewhere.

Note: WiFi is only available in the lobby and breakfast area. The hotel has no elevator, so request a room on the first floor if you have trouble walking a lot of stairs.

Date of stay: September 2017