“Excellent food👍”

Price range: US$19 - US$72
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Italian favourites including pastas, pizzas and seafood specialties reign supreme at Favola, Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur's renowned Venetian inspired restaurant. Apart from savouring deliciously prepared authentic Italian cuisines, Favola's wine cellar boasts to have one of the best selections of Italian wines as well as wines all around the world. When diners visit Favola, be sure to discover the passion of Italian dining where bold simple flavours of regional cuisines and great stories are shared. Favola means fable in Italian and the experience begins as diners walk through the open galleries into a rustic Italian setting reminiscent of the renaissance era. Over 60 dishes of hearty Italian specialties in addition to an extensive variety of antipasti are featured in this exciting and unorthodox menu.
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and simply very tasteful food. Good choice in starters and lovely pastas. Try the Gnochi Gorgonzola!

3  Thank wopke h

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Favola in Italian means "fable" and here good food in authentic Italian style is no fable. Helmed by affable and talented Award winning Chef Domenico who is an Italian from Sardinia, good food in the Venetian style is de rigeur here. As The Travelling Gourmet TM, a celebrated Travel, Food and Wine Writer/Editor/International Wine Judge, I know many , many outstanding Chefs around the world...suffice it to say, I know a good Chef when I taste his food, capisch...For those connoisseurs who appreciate Italian cuisine, there is much to enjoy and savour...and for those who do not understand or appreciate 'al dente' for example, that can be arranged too...For as they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" nicht wahr...Let the feast begin!
Sardinian Seafood or Frutti de mare with Pingiadedda and Fregula is like the Italian answer to the provencal bouillabaisse with complex and satisfying flavours! Orecchiette pasta with shavings of Aged Pecorino (sheep) formaggio (cheese) and Broccoli and garnished with fresh basilico (basil) leaves is to assassinate the only fattie in north korea kim jong un for. I never say 'to die for' like many asinine writers because when one is dead one cannot enjoy anything, like the King of Fruits, the Durian...but I digress. Back to the yummie food...Salmone (salmon) and Sea Bass Carpaccio with Pine Nuts and Hawaiian Salt no less is an antipasto to parachute behind enemy lines on a covert mission in Syria for. Simple yet exquisite...So much food...so little time...Oh Madonna, Porcini Mushroom with Foie Gras lightly seared..yum yum!
DOLCI or desserts. Well, the good ol' favorite is Tiramisu which means in English, "pick me up" and was invented by a certain lady of a house of ill repute...which I shall not mention here...In Italia that I love so very much, many go for Zuppa Inglese and Macedonia but worldwide...Tiramisu is well loved. I like mine with lots of Marsala wine..I like the monogram in cicciolato powder of "F" for Favola or is it Favoloso! Buon appetito e salute! Ciao e tanti auguri from Il Turista Buongustaio :-)

5  Thank ThetravellingG0urmet
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Loved the food and ambiance! From the bread platter to the desserts, it was all perfectly done for a special night out. A definite must go for anyone who loves Italian food and want to splurge a bit.

4  Thank Liskl
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We arrive and greeted warmly from chef Domenico Piras and the service stuff. It was a birthday dinner treat from my husband. The ambiance was very nice calm and welcoming. It was one of the best dinner I ever had and I am recommending this place to everyone.
Our course begin with bread platter with this delicious dipping pure, then it follow by one of my favorite dish the salmon carpaccio with salmon roe, pine nuts, delicious. then caprese salad with slices of truffles, followed by risotto with asparagus, Asiago cheese and you guess it.. truffle slices! Chef Domenico serve us a classic Sardinian dish (I understand that this dish not in the menu?) Malloreddus pasta in Seafood sauce with scallops..yummy! just enough hint of heat to get the dish taste PERFECT this followed by melt in your mouth lamb shank and of course a typical Sardinian's dessert call Cassata.
We had Irwan and Julie serving our table and they were excellent. All and all we went home with happy with belly full of good food! thank you chef Domenico and all the staff in Favola for the bday song! It is sure a birthday evening to remember..

7  Thank Saraesta
Reviewed 28 August 2017

My friend, the birthday gal craving for authentic Italian food, so we went Favola. The food was super delicious and we highly recommend it. We love the tiramisu and the ice cream cake.The scorpio zodiac chief chef is a very interesting person. Shoutout to Ruban and staff too for the Birthday balloons and complimentary Birthday cake, what a memorable night for the birthday gal and us. A big thanks for all.