All reviews jalan alor street noise chain hotels no window downtown kl location is great shopping atrium malaysia curtains monorail
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2020

They don't clean the rooms unless you complain. I have been here about 12 days now. After about 3 -4 days of no cleaning the room gets squalid and if you complain they will send a maid but this is no good. They need to get organised. This isn't a budget hotel and we expect better.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 7 January 2020

I loved this hotel. Intimate, charming and full of character in the most amazing location to be able to walk to the famous night food market on Jalan Alor. The little cafe/bar on the road is a great place to sit & take in the passing parade. Old school style, don't expect five star but if you love character and style you will love it. Comfy bed, lovely bathroom decorated beautifully. My bedroom had a little verandah over the street which was lovely but I didn't really use it. Unfortunately mine was overlooking all the external aircon units but I still liked to be able to open the doors onto the street for a moment here and there. Ceiling fans, which I love in Asia. AND the room was huge enough I could have rolled out three yoga mats side by side but plenty of room for my one mat. Loved it.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 23 October 2019

Clean, stylish, polite friendly staff. Good breakfast. The accessible location was a great bonus being near Bukit Bitang metro and Jalan Alor eat street. Just wished I'd stayed longer for a massage, next time!

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Annalouise P
Reviewed 13 October 2019

The Anggun is in the process of renovation at the time of writing but don';t worry it will not impact on your stay. We were there for three days and hardly noticed it at all as it is taking place mainly on the 4th or top floor.
The great thing about this place is its location. It is in the heart of KL centre in Bukit Bintang but you would never know it. It is right next door to the world famous food street Jalan Alor something not to be missed.
It has lovely large colonial style rooms with hard wood floors an four poster beds. The best thing about the place though is that it is so quiet! The black out curtains are also highly effective - so much so that they had to ring us at 10.30 am to remind us that breakfast finessed at 11 am. 711 type shops are all close by if you want to buy your own food but being next to Jalan Alor who would?
Breakfast is very good but it is disappointing to see local dishes starting to disappear from the menu in favour of pasta and pizza. Bring back your famous Nasi Lemak and Roti Canai please!!
Great staff, TV is a bit hit and miss but WiFi is very good.
DOn't miss this one - a real gem and a nice change from characterless western hotels.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 10 October 2019 via mobile

Stayed for one night, friendly and helpful staff. Room was clean, and great location. It was recommended by my sister, she loves Anggun Boutique Hotel. Will definitely recommend to my friends also. Good job, keep it up!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
samsung2678, Front Office Manager at Anggun Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Dear Sir/Madam.

We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. We look forward to welcome you back to Anggun and would ilke to take you for kind support and recommendations!

Thank you and may you with happy and well always.

Anggun Team