All reviews jalan alor street noise chain hotels no window downtown kl location is great shopping atrium malaysia curtains monorail
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2020 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located for the food market, shopping areas and restaurants. However, the surroundings mean that noise from local bars goes on until midnight, and bins are collected early. Unfortunately our room faced them.

Breakfast was simple, with large portions!

I would not class Anggun as a “Boutique” hotel, more a basic hotel.

However, the team were lovely and extremely helpful. It was the first stop on our honeymoon, and although the room was small, they had made a special effort for us. The team made up for some areas that for us were lacking, and the reason I am giving them a better rating than I normally would have.

It seemed a popular destination for massages, sadly the spa was fully booked during our stay.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2020

Pleasant and authentic hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. Oasis of tranquility.
Room a bit on the small side; limited space in shower, but functional.
Overall a pleasant stay! Also thanks to Erra, who was very helpful.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 27 January 2020

They don't clean the rooms unless you complain. I have been here about 12 days now. After about 3 -4 days of no cleaning the room gets squalid and if you complain they will send a maid but this is no good. They need to get organised. This isn't a budget hotel and we expect better.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 7 January 2020

I loved this hotel. Intimate, charming and full of character in the most amazing location to be able to walk to the famous night food market on Jalan Alor. The little cafe/bar on the road is a great place to sit & take in the passing parade. Old school style, don't expect five star but if you love character and style you will love it. Comfy bed, lovely bathroom decorated beautifully. My bedroom had a little verandah over the street which was lovely but I didn't really use it. Unfortunately mine was overlooking all the external aircon units but I still liked to be able to open the doors onto the street for a moment here and there. Ceiling fans, which I love in Asia. AND the room was huge enough I could have rolled out three yoga mats side by side but plenty of room for my one mat. Loved it.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 23 October 2019

Clean, stylish, polite friendly staff. Good breakfast. The accessible location was a great bonus being near Bukit Bitang metro and Jalan Alor eat street. Just wished I'd stayed longer for a massage, next time!

Date of stay: August 2019