“Overall great. Service is excellent.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #19 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Overall great. Service is excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I spent my birthday night in Double Tree by Hilton KL this year. When my husband called to book the room about a month in advance, the staff asked this stay for what occasion? So my husband answered it is for wife's birthday celebration. He thought the staff just simply asked for courtesy or for record purposes.

When we checked in to the hotel and first stepped into our room, it was really a big surprise! They have well prepared the room and decorated with balloons for this birthday occasion (see the attached pictures where the balloons are pasted to ceiling).

At night, when we back from dinner, another surprise to me. There was a birthday cake on table. Not from my husband, but from Double Tree. Indeed an excellent services and surprises, Double Tree.

As for food, I used to enjoy buffet lunch and dinner with family here because my family loves their food and the environment of 'Makan Kitchen' restaurant so much. Same like lunch and dinner, Makan Kitchen serves a variety of breakfast, from Chinese food corner, Indian, western food etc. Nice try!

Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
DoubleTree-KL_MGMT, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Jas M,

Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur as the hotel of choice for your recent stay and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am very delighted that you had taste our DoubleTree warm & caring service. Let me thank you for mentioning all these great memories that I will share with all the team members who participated to the success of your stay. I trust you also enjoyed our signature restaurant Makan Kitchen with wide array of breakfast options, showcases the rich variety of Malaysian cuisine in six variations and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Axel Harmand, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Quite centrally located with some views to the Petronas Towers. Another asset is the staff attitude and the abundance of choice in breakfast. Still some way to go to be close to Hilton experience: room maintenance for the 5 nights there the room was never arranged, just cleaned. At the end we felt as if in a hostel covered with clothes all around; staff was polite, but not thinking after a complaint about missing wifi, I got an aftermidnight call that it was fixed - quite inappropriate; lifts not set to the hotel capacity - takes 15 min in rush hours; convenience - lack of spa facilities. We had a good stay, but could have been ways better.

Stayed March 2017, travelled as a couple
Dear Jan V,

I am delighted that you enjoyed our signature restaurant Makan Kitchen with wide array of breakfast options and that you found our location at your convenient. Your comments relating to the lifts issue during your stay is duly noted, and we sincerely apologize for the shortfall in our service. Please rest assured that the smooth running of our lifts is a priority, hence we are working closely with our maintenance company for modernization work in this coming months to ensure an efficient daily operation and to enhance our guest comfort levels.

I do understand your disappointment with the service received, which is not on par with our standards. Certainly we recognize our failings and committed to make improvements for future.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

The internet service is atrocious and worse than dial up speeds. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to connect to the wi-fi service as it cuts in and out constantly. The room ventilation is poor and toilet smells linger on. There was no door to the bathroom/toilet area and the bedside faces the toilet directly. Most of the hotel staff are friendly and attentive and the management should have competent people to attend to these issues.

• Stayed March 2017, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear C7085UVstevent,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I do wish to apologize for the less than satisfactory experience and I thank you for the full details of your concerns as this allows me the opportunity to review the concerns with the team. I do understand your disappointment with the service received and I do acknowledge that we failed to deliver acceptable service. Rest assured, the hotel is going through a full assessment of our Internet to introduce improvements to enhance our guest comfort levels. We wish to inform that we will be carrying out upgrading works on facilities which will address your points on Internet in coming months.

I am sorry to learn that you found the design of the bathroom not to your liking. As this is a design flaw, we regret that we would not be able to provide any immediate solution.
However, it's regrettably that you were not communicated properly on the roller shades for bathroom window.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your disappointing experience, and I hope we have the opportunity to provide better service in future for you.

Regards Axel Harmand, General Manager
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a very convenient and affordable hotel, friendly, clean and efficient. As the Mall improves so do options for food and gifts, and the walkway to Ampang Park LRT is good for getting around. A good location for a short trip to KL near to the Goldern Triangle but away from the bustle.

• Stayed March 2017, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank M1795JWchristopherp
Dear M1795JWchristopherp,

I am very delighted that you had taste our DoubleTree warm & caring service and I trust you also enjoyed our location as well as the integrated mall facilities at your convenient. I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Houston, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is next to the Ampang Train stop just a short 5 to 7 minutes walk away. The walkway is covered sheltered from sun and rain. From the same floor as the hotel you walk towards the end of the Intermark mall. You will find a sliding glass door that access to this overhead walkway with traffic below. When you walk across the street from the hotel, the (Ancient) Ampang Park shopping center is in front of you. It has 4 competitive money changer with no commission. For years I had frequent the money changer there and had no problems of being cheated.

For the first night I was put in room 2302. The window overlooking across to the other side of the same building (meaning: wall and glass window). So, I requested to change and was changed to 2617. The window open to a panoramic view of the greenery with no tall skyscraper. It is pleasant but being facing the highway and at night the electric train run occasionally and you can hear the sound. It did not bother me though.

When I change the room the reception offered to have a bellboy to carry the bags for me from one room to the others. I had change room a few times within the last 5 years in other hotels and this is the first time I had such a service, so I tip the bellboy generously for service well rendered.

Aslo, at 5am in room facing the highway side you can hear multiple (simultaneously) Muslim morning calling for prayer. For light sleeper, you are advice to wear earplug. It is not a concern to 99% of the people except those used to live in country side.
At 1pm in the lounge there are still 5 clusters of hotel guests sitting around the sofa. The bar area also has about 20 people. This show that the hotel is popular but it just added to the atmosphere that you are not in a secluded hotel but a city hotel.

It is disheartening to know that the complimentary shutter rides to favorite attractions had been discontinued a month ago. However, an UBER ride is quick and cheap. For example from the hotel to Lot10 shopping center (Sungai Wang – Golden Triangle area) only cost Ringgit 6 to 12. The price fluctuated within seconds pending on supply and demand, time of day. By the way, from the KUL airport taking UberXL it cost me Ringgit 123 (YMMV - your miles may varies pending on supply and demand). This is cheaper than taking the Express train then taking the trouble to switch to a taxi at the KLCC terminal.

Note that all shops within the vicinity of the hotels and within the hotel itself closed at 10pm. So 15 minutes prior to 10pm, the shops were wrapping up for the night. For those who wanted to make a purchase for coffee, snack, pastry, food, you better make it before hand. However, the 7-11 and KFC Chicken across the street in Ampang Park shopping center were opened after 10pm.

There is one money changer in the lower floor. As your take the escalator down in the Intermark building (where this hotel is on the first floor), you make a right and the money changer is infront of you. The USD exchange rate is one of the best even compare to those in Golden Triangle-Sungai Wang area.

If my review in any way give you some help, please click the "helpful" button - just an appreciation of me taking 2 hours of my precious time writing to give you these tips.

Room Tip: Use HHonors points 5000 points/night. Booked 5 nights for 20000 points: the first 4 night charge 50...