“Great location, excellent rooms”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #20 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Double Tree by Hilton at Kuala Lumpur for 2 nights during my 1st Anniversary. The rooms are superb and very spacious. The location of the hotel is very good as it is just a 10-15 min walking distance from the Petronas towers. I suggest avail the Uber cabs for local travelling as it is much cheaper than the local cabs and their mobile app is very user friendly.
The breakfast buffet is also very nice and offers lot of cuisine including the Malay cuisine and Chinese. Do try the dinner buffet as it is equally good.
The Cellar Door bar is amazing and offers happy hours till 09:00 pm I think and is totally worth it.
After a long day roaming around KL, you would be desperately waiting to get into the amazing rooms as quick as possible. The beds offered are one of the best that I have experienced in any hotels so far.
Book it without any second thoughts!!!

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank 3raghavs
DoubleTree-KL_MGMT, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Dear 3raghavs,

Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur as the hotel of choice for your recent stay and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am very delighted that you had taste our DoubleTree warm & caring service and you found our location at your convenient. I trust you also enjoyed our signature restaurant Makan Kitchen with wide array of breakfast options, showcases the rich variety of Malaysian cuisine in six variations and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

I spent my birthday night in Double Tree by Hilton KL this year. When my husband called to book the room about a month in advance, the staff asked this stay for what occasion? So my husband answered it is for wife's birthday celebration. He thought the staff just simply asked for courtesy or for record purposes.

When we checked in to the hotel and first stepped into our room, it was really a big surprise! They have well prepared the room and decorated with balloons for this birthday occasion (see the attached pictures where the balloons are pasted to ceiling).

At night, when we back from dinner, another surprise to me. There was a birthday cake on table. Not from my husband, but from Double Tree. Indeed an excellent services and surprises, Double Tree.

As for food, I used to enjoy buffet lunch and dinner with family here because my family loves their food and the environment of 'Makan Kitchen' restaurant so much. Same like lunch and dinner, Makan Kitchen serves a variety of breakfast, from Chinese food corner, Indian, western food etc. Nice try!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jas M

Dear Jas M,

I am very delighted that you had taste our DoubleTree warm & caring service. Let me thank you for mentioning all these great memories that I will share with all the team members who participated to the success of your stay. I trust you also enjoyed our signature restaurant Makan Kitchen with wide array of breakfast options, showcases the rich variety of Malaysian cuisine in six variations and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Quite centrally located with some views to the Petronas Towers. Another asset is the staff attitude and the abundance of choice in breakfast. Still some way to go to be close to Hilton experience: room maintenance for the 5 nights there the room was never arranged, just cleaned. At the end we felt as if in a hostel covered with clothes all around; staff was polite, but not thinking after a complaint about missing wifi, I got an aftermidnight call that it was fixed - quite inappropriate; lifts not set to the hotel capacity - takes 15 min in rush hours; convenience - lack of spa facilities. We had a good stay, but could have been ways better.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
DoubleTree-KL_MGMT, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Jan V,

I am delighted that you enjoyed our signature restaurant Makan Kitchen with wide array of breakfast options and that you found our location at your convenient. Your comments relating to the lifts issue during your stay is duly noted, and we sincerely apologize for the shortfall in our service. Please rest assured that the smooth running of our lifts is a priority, hence we are working closely with our maintenance company for modernization work in this coming months to ensure an efficient daily operation and to enhance our guest comfort levels.

I do understand your disappointment with the service received, which is not on par with our standards. Certainly we recognize our failings and committed to make improvements for future.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2017

The internet service is atrocious and worse than dial up speeds. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to connect to the wi-fi service as it cuts in and out constantly. The room ventilation is poor and toilet smells linger on. There was no door to the bathroom/toilet area and the bedside faces the toilet directly. Most of the hotel staff are friendly and attentive and the management should have competent people to attend to these issues.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear C7085UVstevent,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I do wish to apologize for the less than satisfactory experience and I thank you for the full details of your concerns as this allows me the opportunity to review the concerns with the team. I do understand your disappointment with the service received and I do acknowledge that we failed to deliver acceptable service. Rest assured, the hotel is going through a full assessment of our Internet to introduce improvements to enhance our guest comfort levels. We wish to inform that we will be carrying out upgrading works on facilities which will address your points on Internet in coming months.

I am sorry to learn that you found the design of the bathroom not to your liking. As this is a design flaw, we regret that we would not be able to provide any immediate solution.
However, it's regrettably that you were not communicated properly on the roller shades for bathroom window.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your disappointing experience, and I hope we have the opportunity to provide better service in future for you.

Regards Axel Harmand, General Manager

Reviewed 16 March 2017

This is a very convenient and affordable hotel, friendly, clean and efficient. As the Mall improves so do options for food and gifts, and the walkway to Ampang Park LRT is good for getting around. A good location for a short trip to KL near to the Goldern Triangle but away from the bustle.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank M1795JWchristopherp
DoubleTree-KL_MGMT, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Dear M1795JWchristopherp,

I am very delighted that you had taste our DoubleTree warm & caring service and I trust you also enjoyed our location as well as the integrated mall facilities at your convenient. I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!