“Excellent food and company!”
Review of Food Tour Malaysia

Food Tour Malaysia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Food has always been part of our communities. Having multiple ethnicities where you live gives you great chance to be a part of so many celebrations. And with all these celebrations there is always a meal. So you see, us Malaysians take our food very seriously. Food Tour Malaysia Food in Petaling Jaya and Kuala Lumpur is unique. Some dishes here you will not be able to find in other parts of the country, and if you do, chances are that they probably could trace their roots to these 2 cities. Penang being the only other exception. The daily ritual of eating communally is one of the most endearing of Malaysian experiences. It is warm, and it's at the dinner table where you get to really understand and get the authentic 'feel', the heartbeat of the Malaysian community.
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

We recently had the pleasure of an evening of Malaysian food with Farah. With only four of us in the group for the evening it made for a very personal and informative night. The only disappointment was we couldn't eat enough! Very nice food all round. Farah was very generous in sharing insights into the Malay life and culture. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

All reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 14 reviews
"local culture"

Reviewed 26 October 2015

My girlfriend and I participated in the food tour during our stay in KL. The experience was fantastic! Our guide - Farah's knowledge on culture & food was exceptional. Thank you for the great time!

Reviewed 23 October 2015

This was a wonderful tour. Our guide Farah was friendly and hilarious. Fantastic food from local restaurants - come with an empty stomach!

Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

My wife and my parents had 2 days in KL on our way to Australia. I booked this food tour and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Farah was lovely, informative, passionate and caring. It wax good to get out to the suburbs to see how locals eat out, loads of food in 4 locations, Malay, Chinese, pancakes, Indian. A minibus takes you everywhere and drops off back at the hotel so not much walking, loads of eating ( be warned don't start off eating too much too soon), Farah explained lots about the culture and mix of the three ethnicities and his they enjoy each type if food. I did mention in advance we were travelling for my wife's birthday and Farah organised a card on the final Indian astonishing sweet bread/biscuit tower and gave her a sarong. So unexpected and what attention to details. We all really recommend this, even for a short stopover. Thanks again Farah.

1  Thank andy_humphries