“Food was not as good as before”
Review of El Meson

El Meson
Ranked #362 of 5,363 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: El Mesón brings you the best of Spain through the delivery of authentic and traditional fare. Our ingredients are sourced both locally and abroad, and goes through careful curation before each dish reaches the taster. Gastronomical offerings are made even more delicious with its evolving menu, which gets spruced up every 6 months.
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

I used to frequent El Meson back in 2013-2015, the food used to be very good.

I returned again with a friend recently. We ordered a cold cut platter and a suckling piglet. Regrettably, the melon on the cold cut platter was not ripe enough, hence they were hard and not sweet at all. The piglet was full of fat and hardly any lean meat. The only thing that's edible was the creme brûlée.

We will not return for a long time from now since there are many good restaurants to choose from. I strongly recommend Nero Vivo for their cold cut platter and El Cerdo for their sucking piglet!

Date of visit: October 2016
DanielHackenberg, Manager at El Meson, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear Cittabella,

I am ever so sorry to see that your experience was such a disappointing one, and especially concerned about your comments regarding our food. Here at El Meson, we pride ourselves on the personalized taste we provide and the friendliness of our team, and to see such a comment is highly disappointing. I would cherish the opportunity to speak to you in person in order to obtain further details, and have sent you a private message accordingly. I eagerly await to hear from you, and in the meantime wish you well.

Kind Regards,
Daniel Hackenberg

Write a reviewReviews (102)

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Love the food here. Gambas was great and the paella just right. Not too soggy and the seafood done well. The pork knuckles tho, please try them. I also recommend going to their other branch in desa parkcity and have a lovely chat with their spanish chef.

Date of visit: September 2016
DanielHackenberg, Manager at El Meson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Dear Qloe,

Thank you ever so much for having taken the time to share this wonderful review following your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to see that the quality of our food has met your expectations. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our second El Meson at Desa ParkCity in the not too distant future, and in the meantime, wish you well.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

We are the other branch - desa park city. The spring chicken was undercooked and was returned to the kitchen. Chef 'recook' the returned chicken and this time they over grilled the chicken. They continue to serve the 'twice cooked' chicken to my friend. It was inedible as it gives a burnt taste. No choice we have to reject the chicken and replace with another safer dish- pasta. It's a long wait for the new dish. It's supposed to be an enjoyable dining experience with friendly serving crews but the kitchen needs to beef up their productivity and efficiency. Hope the remarks shared will help you to make a choice of restaurant - go only if you have time and patience.

Dear Sandy,

thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback about your experience at El Meson Desa ParkCity. I am terrible sorry to hear that your visit was disappointing and for the clear shortfall in product and service. Please be assured that I will follow up on this internally to avoid any future occurrence. I do hope you give us another chance to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

A very nice mixed paella! Was suggested for two, however I was starving and devoured most of it!
Also, the Chilean "The Social Red" Cabernet Sauvignon was very tasty!

Date of visit: October 2016
Sean_TSG, Guest Relation at El Meson, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2019

Hi there,

Thanks for the lovely review. We're glad that our food was satisfactory and hopefully our customer service too! Looking forward to your patronage some time soon!

All the best,
Sean

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

If your really in the mood for Spanish and you recognize the fact that you are in KL then this place is not so bad. I mean it's not Spain but it's nice.

I usually judge a place by the patata bravas and this place didn't really have great ones. The sauce was ok but not the patata. But the salad was nice and the iberico ham was nice so that brought up the patatas. I also had he chorizo which was pretty good as well.

I would come back again. Maybe Try some paella or some other tapas.

Hi hanibol53,

Thanks for the honest review. We're glad that most of our food was satisfactory and hopefully our customer service too! We'll be sure to make improvements to our dishes to bring out the Spanish flavors!

Looking forward to your patronage some time soon!

All the best,