“An Extravaganza Dining in Quaint Bangsar”
Review of Huck's Cafe

Huck's Cafe
Ranked #452 of 5,904 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2014

Heard about this quaint place in Bangsar that we have to fight tooth & nail for a table. No Walk In Customer. Pay Deposit in Advance.Order in Advance.As I was giving a birthday treat to my wife & niece, I have no qualms about this fussy conditions. It was raining when we approached the bungalow, a location away from commercial building where you can dine in a serene & quiet atmosphere. There were only 4 couples that night & another couple did also have a birthday do. This bungalow can contain about 50 pax according to the chef & owner Huck Seng.
We had a chit chat after dinner & he informed us that he travel overseas to hunt for good recipe. In one particular area in Spain, he said there was a long queue & everyone ordered the same dish. A rounded ball shape dish called fet.....something.
Well, he has not done this dish, maybe in the future. Now coming to our dinner, he gave us 3 types of drinks which were extraordinary, Chicken Oat, Cod Fish & Seafood Delights. Well, the taste was most exceptional. Fresh, natural & no MSG. We finished off with his dessert surprises & we have no regrets coming here.As is a festive day, we managed to see fireworks dislpaly from this window.Syabas to Huck's Cafe.

Date of visit: October 2014
1  Thank carsam c

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I remembered my first visit to Huck’s Café. I was greeted by the sight of an old single-storey bungalow with a lush green garden and water plants. The setting in the house with natural wood furniture with Balinese gamelan music is a sight to behold. My first impression of this place is that it was homey and comfortable.

I was first introduced to Huck’s Café with 20 ex-colleagues for a reunion dinner. We ordered food from Huck’s Café facebook well in advance. We were delighted that the food serving was generous and tasty. Dessert was exceptionally rich and delicious. Since then, I have been coming back for more.

One thing is for sure. We must not have the expectation of dining in a commercial restaurant. In a home dining experience, it would be a delightful experience if we would just sit back, relax and allow the Chef to surprise us with his creation. I love Huck’s for its rustic style of food serving, wholesome fresh ingredients, ambiance, amidst a home setting. The personalized service of the Chef amazed me – he will meet and chat with the diners at the end of the meal . I thought that was cool!

One will never be bored with Huck’s menu as the Chef travels to other parts of the world to try out each country’s authentic food and recreate it with a twist back home. During one of my recent visits, I tried the Aporto Cod Fish on their Spain menu. The cod fish was cooked just right with a tangy orangey sauce, topped with baked onion – refreshing and delicious. My friends enjoyed the Albaicin Steak and Salmon meets Scallop too. We were lucky the Chef prepared the newest dessert that evening – the Spanish apple crème served on a white large spoon. I love the crust on top and the apple crème is not too sweet. I have a relish for most of the desserts at Huck’s!

It is always a delight to be back home, where Huck’s is.

Date of visit: July 2014
2  Thank Judylam2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

You should not have your commercial restaurant mindset to review Huck's Cafe. A group of 24 of us was at Huck's 26 years reunion. We were overjoyed by a private room in this house. We asked for a surprised menu. We simply love the surprises! Especially Food and desserts created from his recent various Europe traveling adventures just mind blowing. We will be back the next 27 gathering! Thank You! Huck's Cafe

Date of visit: June 2014
1  Thank ongteck
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Food served was very very nice and we had a good interaction time with our chef, Huck, too. He is a passionate chef, I can feel it from the food he prepared.

Date of visit: October 2013
2  Thank RingoWYT
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The main courses came like 20-30 minutes apart. Some of us had to eat cold food cos we didn't want to be rude and start off before our friend's food arrive. The next table's order of Surprise Chicken was sitting on our table for 10 minutes (luckily for the person who ordered, our friend haven't dug into it) and then the silly waitress came and took it to the next table. Utterly unacceptable.

Date of visit: December 2013