“Home cook”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2023 via mobile

We need to make reservations by whatapp and pre order the main course , they will ask for minimum deposit of rm50 per person by bank transfer , I notice they don’t answer the phone if you call them . Place is situated in a single story bungalow house with ample of parking within the compound or free street parking . Starter you can choose pumpkin soup or mushroom soup only (I prefer mushroom version ) , and there’s 5 type of dessert which was crème brûlée (it was so good ) whiskey ice cream and they call it adult , durian ice cream was creamy . We had 6 type of main course , highly recommend the roast lamb with prunes ( it was tender , juicy ) beer chicken (Yummy sauce ) servings was quite big . At the end we take away some as we can’t finish the main course 😅

Date of visit: July 2023

Reviewed 4 September 2021 via mobile

My last visit was in July 2020 to celebrate a friend’s birthday. Today I was there as Lone Ranger; there was no sidekick Tonto to accompany me. My main was the Rösti de Tudo medium rare. It was done to perfection; moist and tender with a slight marbling. The rösti and the sauce were a perfect accompaniment. The cream of mushroom soup was awesome; thick and with lots of mushroom bits. For dessert, I had the coconut ice cream drizzled with whisky….a fitting finale to a perfect meal. Staff were attentive and the Chef will swing by to ask how the meal went. A man of few words and prefers to let his cooking do the talking. One of the few places that allows BYO wine or liquor at a nominal corkage. Will definitely make another visit there before leaving the shores of Malaysia. Dining here is by way of advance reservations only so walk-ins will not be admitted. Huck’s Cafe continues to remain well known by way of the word of mouth.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 12 April 2021 via mobile

This is one of my bucket list cafe in KL. We came here few times for dinner. We love the steak and it’s super nice. The dessert also very very delicious. Price wise we are acceptable for the fine dining experience

Date of visit: April 2021
2  Thank sherrytam78
Reviewed 8 February 2020 via mobile

Quite cozy, taste nice and people are friendly. I went to the restaurant for birthday party and found the place was the best fit for celebrating the special occasions. The outer of restaurant looks house but inside it, you will see sophisticated interiors somehow with south and middle America flavor. Definitely I will recommend my close friends to visit it.

Date of visit: February 2020
2  Thank taoki207
Reviewed 24 August 2019 via mobile

Taste: 4/5
Portion: 5/5
Ambience: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Good food, nice cosy setting in a house restyled into a restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2019