“Cozy place - Food around average”

Acme Bar & Coffee at The Troika
Ranked #564 of 4,850 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An upscale casual dining restaurant with an eclectic bent across the park from the Petronas Twin Towers.
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Been to the Acme Bar & Cafe a couple of time. Most recent visit 4 days ago. I always enjoy the place as it is cozy inside as well as outside - And this is THE reason for my visit to Acme.

The food is at best "average" - most likely below "average" if you take the price into the equation. It is quite a shame because the menu / intentions seem to be good (just by reading the menu) but the execution is "poor". Last time we ordered chicken and squid for starters - Both arrived covered in the exact same oily batter - Ordered Australian lam for main course - after several attempts to get the fork and/or knife into the meat we gave up and ordered their "signature" dessert (...we did finish the dessert)

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Sought shelter from the rain here. Great ambient light but such a pity there's not much of a view because of the construction all around.

Food wasn't spectacular; Chunky Mushroom Soup (25++RM) with Mantou Croutons looked AMAZING but sadly was more salty than mushroom-hearty. Would not order again.

Latte was BIG, but mostly milk! Not enough oomph of caffeine for us.

1 of 3 craft beers on tap - had the Scotch Silly (27++RM, 250ml), a Belgian butterscotch beer. It was sweet, not in a sharp cider way, but more of a subtle caramel-ish way. Overall not too crazy... Doesn't make it to my list of favourites.

The other 2 craft beers are also Belgian: Barbar Blonde (33++RM, 330ml), & Blanche de Silly (25++RM, 250ml).

Accepts credit cards
Air-conditioned seats available
☀ Al fresco seats available
10% Service Charge + 6% GST

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We've not been here in a while. Popped in for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed dinner with light coming through from the floor to ceiling windows. We had the spicy chicken bites to start and enjoyed it. We went on to pizzadilla and scallop pasta - nothing to shout about but it was satisfying. Ended sweet with the sizzling pear tart that went down with aplomb.

1  Thank BoinkVal
Reviewed 5 September 2017

In general the ambience was very nice. Food was priced ok but the taste was not bad or special. The only thing I really liked was the sizzling brownies. I went here for after office hours Monday date with my Fiancé. I asked one of the staff for advice on the wine that they had but is seems as though they are not aware of their wine selections.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

A group of six of us ate here this week. The setting and ambience are nice. The staff were pleasant, friendly and very efficient. All good so far.

However, the menu was a mosaic of Italian, Asian, Tex-mex etc. a mish-mash. Thoughts of an episode of a Gordon Ramsey program filled my head! The actual food brought it to life.

The food isn't terrible. You can eat safely here. It just wasn't very good. We had four shared entrees. They were ok - though the chicken wings were pretty bad. I had samba chicken. I have made better at home. Really. The sauce was just uninteresting.

KL is just such a wonderful city with so many eating opportunities and diversity. We chose poorly on this occasion. I hope you read this and choose more wisely.

Again, not a terrible or disgusting meal - far from it - just no where near what is on offer elsewhere.