7,748 results
All reviewshorizon clublemon gardenarthur's barpetronas towerschocolate fountainlobby loungeour honeymoonupgraded to a suitefantastic hotelbreakfast buffetpool area isfive star hotelclub rooman upgrademonorail stationlate checkbukit bintang
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Shangri-la in Kuala Lumpur for my twin daughters’ 21st birthday and it was possibly the best stay we’ve ever had!

Location was really good, only a 10 minute walk to petronas and suria klcc, loads of food places and lots of shopping to be done there, something for everyone,

We stayed in the Horizon Club - which came with many perks: a lounge exclusive to members; breakfast; afternoon tea; and evening canapés and cocktails. The food in the Horizon club changed daily, with a range of tasty treats.

The staff at the Horizon Club were what truly made our stay amazing. Ina (I didn’t manage to get her surname, unfortunately), Pat Alexander, Yune Ahmed and Zie Mohd Zali delivered incredible service, going above and beyond their duties. Every time we entered we were greeted with smiles and warmth, and offered a drink. Staff were thoughtful and attentive - my daughters were yet to turn 21 at the start of the holiday so staff would offer to make them lovely mocktails, and they had remembered each of our names and coffee orders by the second morning. On our first full day my daughter mentioned that we were here for their birthday, and the Horizon Club staff remembered this, and on the birthday when we came down for afternoon tea there was a specially decorated table with a lovely table cloth and “Happy Birthday” confetti. This in itself was incredible, but after we had received our coffees, staff began to sing Happy Birthday and brought out the most exquisite chocolate cake. Again a big thank you to Ina, Pat, Yune and Zie for organising this - it was fantastic.

Staff at the Shangri-la generally were also lovely, tending to our every wish. My daughters had “Happy Birthday” balloons that they wished to put up in their hotel room (they were very tricky to hang), and staff did this for them before they returned to the room.

The rooms were spacious and clean with bottles of water and fresh fruit on the table and a mini fridge stocked with snacks. A great feature was the smart phone in the room which you could use outside of the hotel. This was great as we didn’t have data or minutes on our own mobiles.

The only downside to the hotel is that there was no wheelchair access to the swimming pool, so my daughter (a wheelchair user) was unable to use the pool on our holiday - however we’re not big on swimming and the rest of the hotel made up for this, so we’d definitely stay here again.
Apart from that access around the hotel was not problem, lifts came very quickly so no waiting around.

I have stayed at the Shangri-la in a few other locations, but the Kuala Lumpur branch has got to be my favourite. I’d definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ninz-76
SLKL-GM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur with your family to celebrate your daughter's 21st birthday and for this amazing detailed review of our hotel. I am glad to learn that you had an excellent stay experience with us and greatly appreciate for recommending us. Your lavish compliments on Ina, Pat, Yune, Zie and also your constructive feedback will certainly be shared with my team to continuously strive for exemplary hospitality.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back for more remarkable stays in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We got a taxi from the airport to the hotel by going to the prepaid desk in the airport. Very easy.

My two sons and I stayed in an horizon club room for 3 nights at the end of June and we really enjoyed our stay.

I found the service to be excellent. Staff were all friendly and made a real effort to do what they could to make your stay a pleasant one.

We had breakfast in the Horizon Club for 2 mornings and it was very calm with again great service. Last morning we had to leave very early so just grabbed something from the main restaurant- the selection was larger down there but I suspect it may not have been so relaxing purely due to its size.

We also availed of the Horizon Club for afternoon tea for one of the days and cocktails for two evenings. It gets busier at this time but the service was still good. My sons are 17 and 20 and enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. We didn’t notice any issues with children in the Horizon lounge.

We went out to dinner each night. There is a taxi rank outside the hotel and we did not have any issues with those taxis trying not to use meters ( we did find this elsewhere). We booked our taxi back to the airport from there and had no issues.

I found check out and check in to be smooth and it’s a nice touch that they take you up to Horizon club to sit down and take your details etc - we had no queues and no hassle.

Pool area was nice to relax for a while between outings. Plenty of sun beds.

We walked to Petronas Towers and KL Tower from the hotel.

The gym is very large and was well set out. Jacuzzis etc are separate and in male/female changing areas.

I would definitely like to stay at the Shangri La again if I make it back to KL.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank RPDubIre

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to KL and for your fantastic review of our hotel. We are pleased to learn of your family's pleasant stay experience with us and that you were impressed with our service and facilities at our Horizon Club. All of us at Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur look forward to be of service to you again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Stayed here in a horizon club room for 3 nights in July this year after travelling from koh Samui. Check in was very fast and we were brought to our room by a member of staff. Our room was amazing with fabulous views of the City. Beautifully decorated with a marble bathroom etc. The photos of the lobby does not do the hotel justice as it is very luxurious. Getting to the breakfast it was Buffett style and there was definitely ample food for all types of guests and travellers. The horizon club had to be by far one of the best club lounges I have visited and I think the staff were absolutely terrific. Zie and her team are so welcoming, nothing was too much trouble for them. In particular I have to mention Zie again and Feez who really made our stay so memorable. This is definitely one of those hotels that will always bring back great memories. Thank you again to everyone.

Room Tip: Horizon club room all the way
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind patronage at Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur and for taking the time to share this wonderful review. I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with the services & facilities of our Horizon Club. Your kind compliments on Zie & Feez will certainly be shared with my team to continuously strive for exemplary hospitality. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Thank you.

Daniel Kaeflien

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Shangri-La KL for 2 weeks in July. Room is big and spacious although the furniture looks a bit dated. But overall still comfortable. Full set of toiletries provided and also includes free wifi, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and complimentary bottles drinking water every day. There's also a coffee machine in the room with daily supply of coffee capsules. Service is good and thoughtful. Came back on 2nd day to find extra hangers in the closet even before I requested from housekeeping. Thumbs up to service. Decent spread for breakfast buffet. What I like is they have a machine outside the cafe where u take fill up a cup of coffee to go. Location is about 10 min walk to bukit nanas LRT station and 15-20 min walk to KLCC. Certainly enjoyed my stay at Shangri-La.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
SLKL-GM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for giving us such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our staff services and facilities lived up to your expectations. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for another remarkable experience during your next trip to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Great service, the height of being looked after, in the city of KL. Would highly recommend, executive service is second to none. Food was great and rooms catered for all needs.

Although there are some great hotels in KL this defo far up at the top

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
SLKL-GM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind patronage at Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur and for taking the time to share this positive review. I am delighted to know that you have an overall enjoyable experience throughout your stay with us and greatly appreciate your kind recommendation of our hotel to the travel community. We look forward to welcome you back for another exceptional stay in the near future.