The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur
US$202
US$151
Mandarin Oriental
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$131
US$118
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$187
US$154
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$79
US$74
  • Restaurant
US$98
US$83
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$67
US$63
US$130
US$93
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$137
US$100
Trip.com
US$62
US$58
Aloft.com
1,100 results
All reviewsbutler servicethe club loungepersonal butlerli yenstarhill gallerybedroom suitehigh teaspecial thanksfantastic stayhome away from homeamazing hotelpavilion mallbreakfast buffetbukit bintanggolden triangleduty managertun
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I decided to surprise my girlfriend with a staycation over last weekend since it was her birthday. Knowing that it had recently been renovated and that there was a weekend promotion (buffet breakfast in the Cobalt Room and 3 course dinner at The Library included in the rates), thought I'd give it a go.

Upon booking confirmation, I called the reservation team to reconfirm the booking (and also to verify the 3 course dinner as it sounded too good to be true, but it was!) and also to inform them that it was going to be a birthday celebration and that my girlfriend is Gluten and Dairy free. Reservations Ms Rowena took note of it. Later on Mr Eric (GM) contacted me in regards to the dietary requirements for dinner and I arranged for them to receive a glutenfree birthday cake a day before check in from an external bakery. I also booked a spa treatment at the Village Spa in the hotel, and when I asked if there was any birthday promotions they immediately offered 15% off!

Check in was as expected, brisk and efficient, requesting for my Marriott/SPG membership to ensure points were provided. And was then offered an upgrade to their one bedroom suite! This was the beginning of a lovely birthday celebration. The front desk individual (forgot his name unfortunately) actually walked us to our room with our luggage to complete the check in procedure.

When we walked into the bedroom, there was a Happy Birthday Banner pasted onto the walls, balloons strewn all round the floor and heart shaped swan towels on the bed! Totally amazing with a Happy B'day note from our personal butlers Abigail & Carmen.

At the spa, the treatment was excellent starting with a food scrub. We waited quite awhile to enter the treatment room... only to be surprised yet again! Tea light candles all around, with rose petals spelling out Happy B'day. As we went for the soundbath treatment, the room is very dark, when we opened our eyes after the treatment my girlfriend was surprised yet again with a Chocolate Mousse Cake. (Not the cake I ordered)

During dinner, the chef organised the 3 course meal to ensure that it was completely gluten and dairy free. A violin band who was providing entertainment that night, and the wait staff brought out the cake I ordered and sang a birthday song.

With a late check out and complimentary cake, here are the pros and cons.
Pros
- attention to detail
- Free room upgrade
- spa discount extended to not only the birthday girl, but to me as well.
- Free wifi
- Bubble bath service
- Complimentary cake (very good choc mousse)
- Welcome note from houskeeping and Mr Eric
- Parking flat rates

Cons
- View is a little obstructed, but then again its a city hotel
- the walk from the reception to the lifts are a little further as expected, but you get to experience the recently renovated decor.

A perfect weekend staycation in the city. Thanks to the team at the Ritz.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
EricTea, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Dear Ultimos,

Thank you for taking time to share about your recent stay with us!

We are delighted to read that our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to assist you and create a memorable stay experience. It is a true reward for us to know that you had a wonderful birthday celebration for your girlfriend at our hotel. Rest assured that your compliments did not go unnoticed. I have made sure to share them with our Ladies and Gentlemen, and especially with Abigail and Carmen.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon at The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur and would gladly assist you with future travel details.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel recently and have mixed reviews. From moment of check in we had booked a deluxe room bed and were given a twin share room due to high occupancy. I had booked in December last year via amoma but apparently they didn't get notification until February. Ended up combining the 2 single beds together. Hotel check in staff provided us a nice fruit and chocolate platter for us that night though. Also next day our room was not attended and cleaned until we had called at 3pm when we came back from day of shopping. The positives are that the room is really spectacular and luxurious as expected from a 5 star hotel. Location is good and fairly central. Would give this hotel a 5 out of 5 but due to some unfortunate experiences have downgraded it to 3.5 out of 5.

Stayed: March 2017
3  Thank Joey N
EricTea, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Joey N,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay experience with us.

We are truly sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, in particularly for not being able to meet the king-bedded arrangement that your prefer. Rest assured that we have also shared your comments about the housekeeping services and we would love the opportunity to cater to your preference for an earlier room make-up service in the future.

We would also like to thank you for the positive comments about our location, guestrooms, and also the constructive feedback you have shared. Should your travels bring you back to Kuala Lumpur, we hope to have the opportunity to provide you with the all-rounded positive Ritz-Carlton experience that you have come to expect from us.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. Location is perfect, very central, close to all the main shopping malls. The hotel itself is so so elegant, very beautiful decor and furnitures, gorgeous flowers everywhere, room is spacious and clean, bathroom is amazing. Great selections for buffet breakfast, only place I've been to with a juice bar, love all the selections of smoked meat/fish. Most other dishes are not that well cooked I guess that is because they have to cook for so many people. Services have been inconsistent. We had a few hiccups throughout our stay with made it less comfortable and awkward. Like we came back to hotel at 3.30pm from a day out and the room has not been cleaned or made-up we had to sit there and watch them clean for an hour instead of resting on our bed. The bed was of two beds joined together instead of a king size and to make it worse they gave us two small blankets instead of a big blanket to share.

Stayed: March 2017
3  Thank Thu T

Dear Thu T,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay experience with us.

We are delighted to read that you found the location, décor, breakfast buffet spread at The Cobalt Room, and our guestrooms to your liking. Nevertheless, we would also like to sincerely apologize for the shortfalls you faced, in particularly, with regards to the bed type that you preferred and also the housekeeping service timings. Should the opportunity arise, we would be honored to have a chance to serve you better in the future.

Once again, thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us in our efforts to continuously learn and grow.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I stay at Ritz Carlton in other countries before but this was my first time when I had chosen it for kuala lumpur n trust me this decision was right for me I loved this hotel as well as the location along with maintenance of property everything was very smooth and favorable. The staff is very much polite and courteous Mr Rehman helped me a lot apart from them all staff is very helpful and courteous as expected by me. Ritz Carlton proved it right again apart from this food was awesome along with proper hygiene bed linen was also nice beds are comfy which given me a nice sleep will b looking forward to stay here during my next stay.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Shaaaaaaan
EricTea, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Dear Shaaaaaaan,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about your stay experience with us.

We are delighted to learn that you are enjoying your time here at The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur, and we sincerely thank you for your compliments towards the team. Rest assured that your kind words have been shared with the team, especially to Rehman, who have taken such great care of you. The genuine care and comfort of our guest is always our highest mission and we are glad to know that this has been achieved with you.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write about your “home away from home”. We look forward to creating even more memorable experiences for you.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 March 2017

highly recommend. Rooms are very nice, staff is very friendly and helpful. The club lounge is an excellent place to relax and the food and drinks are very good. Nay Tun and the rest of the staff in the Club Lounge provide great service.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Jbuydens,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about our hotel.

We are glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Your support means so much and I will most certainly share your kind compliments with the team and Nay Tun from The Club Lounge especially who provided you with excellent service.

The team and myself look very much forward to your next visit and It would be our pleasure to welcome you "home" again for another staycation experience.

Warm regards,