“Comfortable stay and good breakfast”

Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #45 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We booked the family suite, rooms were spacious and clean. Bed was comfy and amenities were also nice. Some staff needs to be more trained and respectful to guests. It took multiple calls to reception and operators to get extra toiletries and towels as it was only provided for 2 pax, and we stayed with family. Have to explain each time we called why we need extra and since no one turned up in 15 min we had to call again. Other than this hotel is good. Other staffs were good and helpful. Breakfast was good and had various options to choose. Location is absolutely good, nearby to train, many restaurants and KLCC, Twin towers. Everything is within walkable distance. Best thing Hard Rock Cafe, is just below. Awesome place to have rocking evening. Will come back to stay in future.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The only unsatisfied thing was there was not enough room light for me to do some work. I understand you haven't designed the rooms for business use, but without having any desk lights it was hard to do the business after I get back to the room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 August 2017

A perfect choice for those who care about high standards of cleanliness.
The staff were helpful. A short walking distance to monorail station. The neighborhood is safe and clean. The pool was fine. breakfasts were perfect.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mehrdad K
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I am a member of Concorde, and stayed here last December. Had some problem that they resolved quickly, and this time too. I made lots of notes when we booked. I need a very clean room and after staying in Bangkok, we would really love a room with a bidet shower in the toilet. The whirlwind road started from here, since they said they do not have bidet in all room. They finally said they have one in one room, on smoking floor. After all the notes I left about me having an asthma, and allergic to dust and etc, they want to put me in a smoking floor? So much for attention to detail of their own member.

We finally get the room with a bidet, at 5th floor, non smoking one. The floor is horrible with dusty old carpet smell, I was trying to see if I can handle it but I couldn't so we asked to be moved to a new room. My husband had a shower, and when they deliver the key to the new room, a woman (I assume form house keeping lurking in with a very sour expression) said in Malay that the room had been used (?) did she complain that my husband had a shower?

We were moved to 8 floor, old carpet but better than the previous one. We were asking if they have some deluxe room for a free upgrade, they came back that they can't give me free upgrade each time, and I can take that. Okay. We'll be staying 6 nights in total, and will be our last summer holidays in Asia this year, so we would like to have more comfort, and asked to be moved to Premier room. We have to 170 RM more for the room, but thought we will have more comfort. And booked 3 last nights in premier room.

Comfort you say? Yeah.
They assigned us room 0528, and when we used the shower, the water not completely drained, and the water stays puddled on the shower area. We asked the housekeeping to check and they came along with the room supervisors, only to find out that there is nothing they can do about it, since it is a constructions fault. The floor is not tilted enough to allow the water runs to the drain. Eh? If they know this is a construction problem, why assign the room to a guest.

The room supervisor suggested us to move, we have 4 luggages, and told him, we are really tired moving luggages, and he ensured us that's not going to be a problem since he and his people will help us. I asked to be moved in same floor, so it would be easier to move our stuff. The guy went away, and the woman from the reception came and delivered the key to room 549.

Nobody helped us moving the luggages, we had to drag our 4 luggages and 3 bags alone! Only to find that 549 is stink with cigarette. We are talking about Premier suite, with a non smoking sign all over, and a room that stinks heavily on cigarette. That was beyond me. You know what happened next, we dragged our 4 luggages and 3 bags back to the puddled room.

After that they called me and offered another room, but after that shenanigans with 549, we just said no thank you. We have no energy to drag our luggages back and we just want a quiet, hassle free last days of our holiday. Somebody in reception did offer rubber matts so we wouldn't slip in that puddled shower floor, but nobody really came. On the second night, we came back quite late, found a letter from the Assistant Manager, she called me and apologizing that it took them long enough to response and that she has a room across our room if we want to move.
Apparently they are all lost the notice that we have 4 big luggages and 3 bags, and that we are tired keep dragging them to another room. She said she can help with luggages but we turned her down. She came with house keeping after 21.00 (we came back to the hotel late), and then she instruct the housekeeping to put on the rubber mat on the shower floor. She was sweet enough to offer an apology, and asked what else can she do to make up for the lack of service of their Premier suite. I asked if they can offer a complimentary airport transfer and she gave us that. So, that was a kind gesture. Thank you Ms. Yani. We also mysteriously got fruit platter on 3rd days, with no note of anything. We did not know who sent that or why. We didn't eat it, since we didn't know why it was there.
We left the hotel early morning for our morning flight back to Europe. Staying in Concorde this time really exhausted me. I am really having a mix feeling if I ever want to comeback there, even when I am a member with stay 10 nights and free 1 night offer. I am just not convinced that they really care for their guests. I am a returning guests and they can't even remember that I have asthma and need very clean room.

The breakfast do get tiring in the regular breakfast place, but the Premier breakfast is not really that much different. just more quiet place. The non smoking room tag seems to be unreliable when it comes to hotel room in KL. Since I have been having few hiccups on this. Hiccups that triggered my asthma.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2017

There is not one person in my opinion. They all worked together as a team and they all were great. The front desk was great as usual. The staff who take care of the rooms are also excellent. All the staff were great.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple