Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I stayed at Carcosa for 1 night with my mum during an 8 night stay in Kuala Lumpur. Our taxi driver hadn't been to the hotel before so it took a little longer than expected. The hotel is a beautiful old building set amongst a tropical oasis. The staff are very attentive, friendly and will do anything for you.

The 2 bed room we stayed in was huuuge and had a wrap around balcony. The building and rooms need a bit of a touch up and some updating as the furniture is getting old and worn. The balcony floor needed a good mop. The towels provided are thin and worn. The toiletries were divine. At night we could hear the traffic and the external doors rattled all night.

We enjoyed the Traditional Afternoon Tea on the balcony outside, which we booked prior to leaving. The waiter (not the friendliest) was very quick with service. The tea (leaves not bags) menu was abundant and our cups were refilled regularly. The cakes, slices, sandwiches and scones (only 1 each) were all fresh but nothing really special. We managed to eat everything without feeling overwhelmed. The price was very reasonable too.

As we were full from the high tea, for dinner we arranged for room service of the house favourite crab wrap and 2 desserts. Wow!! The meals turned up right on time. Our butler set the table for us in front of the tv and placed the dishes in front of us. We were also given free freshly squeezed juice. The meals were delicious and looked gorgeous. Definitely recommend.

The breakfast the following morning was served out on the verandah - watching the squirrels playing in the trees and the birds singing. The food was made fresh and tasted wonderful. You had several options to choose from. All came with freshly squeezed juice and freshly made bakery items. Our waiter talked to us about what to see and do in Kuala Lumpur and talked to us like an old friend.

The front desk organised our taxi into the city as requested and farewelled us personally.

Overall the hotel is a must visit destination for its meals and accommodation although a little pricey. If staying here for more than 1 night, we recommend booking into a local spa or shopping at Mid Valley Mega Mall, as there isn't really anything to do on the grounds. The staff are very friendly and attentive to guests needs.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda G
HotelManagerCSN, Manager at Carcosa Seri Negara, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment during your recent visit to Carcosa Seri Negara and we are glad to you enjoyed your time here with us.

Feedback from guests is invaluable to us as it allows us to continually monitor and improve our service standards to our guests and I sincerely thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Whilst I havent actually stayed at Carcosa I have visted over a number of years. My first visit in 1992 was for afternoon tea,I remember a very opulent dining room filled with small groups of well to do ladies grazing on the wonderful afternoon tea. Dainty delicious morsels were offered to each table folwed by a range of teas poured from silver service. It was a true delight!
My last visit in October left me feeling somewhat disappointed. The afternoon tea certainly wasnt as grand as i remember but they do know how to make a good cup of tea and the creme caramel offered on the tiered silver server was one of the best I have eaten.
Whislt it was enjoyable so much more could be done to being it back to its former glory.What a joy it would be to have a hand in its recreation as one of the luxury old wolld venues in South East Asia.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Margo5000
HotelManagerCSN, Guest Service Agent at Carcosa Seri Negara, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment during your recent visit to the Drawing Room for High Tea.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Reading down the reviews and also having been there I think we were lucky the day we went here for afternoon tea. Our hotel booked us in and we could only sit outside which was fine with us as we sat just on the steps and looked out over the gardens. Very very peaceful. The food came and was fine, nothing too special in many ways, but as we have found with afternoon teas that there are always some standouts and the one here was the crème brûlée. The tea was not teabags, so that problem looks to be fixed. Luckily for us no other people sat for very long near us apart from another couple who seemed to also want to enjoy the location and experience quietly without smoking. Had there been more people here and they been smoking this would have been less of what we expected and wanted as we would most likley have not got the experience we wanted. Like i say, we were lucky and the experience was calming and uplifting. Asking for extra water for the tea brought an interesting reaction from the server, he may well have said 'yes, of course, sir', but his face said otherwise. That reaction was a shame at this price.

Getting a taxi back was less easy as that takes time since it needs to be ordered and the staff at the main desk (literally a desk!) were rather more interested in having a giggle than working.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelManagerCSN, Guest Service Agent at Carcosa Seri Negara, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

May I take this opportunity to say that we all look forward to welcoming you back to Carcosa Seri Negara in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Can you believe it, tea bags? We eventually got leaf tea after asking, but were first seved with tea bags. Just not cricket I'm afraid. Fifteen years since we were last here and we left very disappointed. Traditions and standards need to be restored.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
HotelManagerCSN, Manager at Carcosa Seri Negara, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Thank you for bringing to my attention the problem you have encountered at our Drawing room. In our efforts to achieve a level of service whereby guest expectations are being anticipated and met, we have obviously failed on these occasions. Please accept our apologies and rest assured that they have been identified to the managers concerned for the necessary rectifications.

Once again, thank you for your time in communicating the comments. It is feedback of this nature that advocates us to continually strive for better service to our valued guests such as yourselves.I hope our shortcoming will not place us in your permanent disfavour and I look forward to welcoming you back to Carcosa Seri Negara in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I went there by taxi (the park is nice but is a log walk from the mosque/old railway station) just for the team and the experience has beed delightful: the mansion is well conserved and inspires a colonial atmosphere. staff is very professional and friendly. Tea (in several flavors) comes with a taste of sandwiches, pastries, sweets and a muffin with butter and jam: high quality (well paid 162 MYR in two, including taxes and charges).

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank filgallo
HotelManagerCSN, Manager at Carcosa Seri Negara, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012