Free cancellation until 26/07
US$85
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
US$85
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$126
Hotels.com
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$100
Sunway Putra Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$59
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$86
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$218
US$187
2,162 results
All reviewsluna barkl towerrooftop poolsuperior suiterooms are hugetop floorfree upgradebukit bintangtwin towerscristallokitchenetteconciergeklccmalaysiataxisbathtubpremier
Reviewed 29 November 2017

We didn't get to spend a lot of time in the Hotel as we were late arriving and spent most of the following day exploring the Batu Caves. However, the room was very nice. I am also a sucker for towel art and loved the swans that had been made up on the bed when we arrived!

We did have a problem with the plug in the bath as it kept letting the water out of it and wouldn't fill up. However, we called down to the Reception and they shortly sent someone upstairs to resolve this problem so that I could enjoy a nice deep bath!
The location of the hotel was good and the staff were very polite and helpful.

The rooftop bar was definitely my highlight of the stay. I would have loved to have seen what it is like at weekends, because the music was so good, but it was quiet when we visited and I didn't want to be the only one dancing!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EllieRoseB
PRHSKL, The Management of Pacific Regency Hotel Suites at Pacific Regency Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear Ellie,

Thank you for sharing the feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. We are happy to learn that you have an enjoyable stay experience and that our facilities and services matched up to your expectation. Hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Their advertising was misleading which painted the hotel as having great rooms and facilities, however upon checking in... it was far from being portrayed as rosy.

I booked two rooms for my family (two Superior Suites) for two nights stay to attend a wedding reception nearby, however I was very disappointed to note the following:

- Check-in / check-out staff were very cold, didn't seem friendly at all nor did they showed any genuine welcome. Upon check-out only one counter and one staff was on duty, imagine guests all checking out same time.

- The cabinets (wardrobe, TV and kitchen) all had doors that were creaking and off the hinges. Some tightening would have done some good, but they left it to rot.

- The carpets, wall paper and even washed bedsheets were all stained. They didn't make a single effort to wash, repair or replace them.

- The main floor corridor was smelling of smoke or some kind of bad odour

- The rooms were spacious but the lights were so dim it was almost dark in some places.

- Two windows in my room couldn't be closed or locked and had latches that were either broken or defective

- Several plug points were either loose from the wall socket and were moving and some points not working at all.

- The bathroom door was so squeaky and noisy you could hear the noise as if coming from a horror movie.

- The telephones were faulty and you couldn't hear the other person talking when calling room to rooms.

- The hotel was charging their guest for parking the cars in the hotel when most hotel give this as complimentary.

- The toilet seat kept moving and was out of alignment.

I don't want to sound too cynical but the state of the hotel and service was very poor with misleading advertising.

Room Tip: Superior Suites are quite spacious but the floors are smelly and condition of rooms quite disappointing
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
PRHSKL, The Management of Pacific Regency Hotel Suites at Pacific Regency Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Nasser,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. There are two towers to our property. East Wing (which features our brand new Premier Floor) and West Wing (which houses our Apartment Units). Our West Wing which is scheduled for a massive refurbishment project in the near future. We are therefore, in all best business practice, very pleased to extend the special rates which you had enjoyed during your stay with us.

Our housekeeping force are on the hotel floors daily to ensure the stringent standards and necessary supervisory counterchecks are enforced. Do allow us this opportunity to investigate your comment as all our units and facilities are stress tested to ensure optimum functionality.

As to the rest of your comments , please do correspond with us privately at marcom@pacific-regency.com as we have certainly found contradicting evidence otherwise.

Thank you and we look forward to the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

When I first reached the hotel, I had to double check with the security guard I was at the right location. Turns out the hotel is occupying the higher levels of an office building. The interior of the building, lifts, ground level lobby, hotel lobby and rooms have seen better days - from the fully marble bathrooms you get a glimpse of how grand it used to be. The view was unimpressive, showing the similarly dated facade of the neighbouring building.

The stock photos probably are 20 years old - this is probably the oldest hotel I've ever stayed in my life. It's overdue for a renovation/refurbishment. I felt it was rather spooky and had trouble sleeping at night. While the location is great, being so close to Changkat/Jalan Alor, I dont think I will make a return visit.

Stayed: March 2017
PRHSKL, The Management of Pacific Regency Hotel Suites at Pacific Regency Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Yelloshaun,

Do check out our new Premier floor during your next stay with us! The Premier floor has a total of 131 new rooms in addition to our current suites with an abundance of space and interiors that are tastefully designed.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Arrived at this hotel to what seemed unorganised chaos at reception. Hotel staff said that the room was not yet ready and could I go shopping for at least an hour. So then had to find the nearest coffe store. When checked in was told we had been given a free upgrade to the best room in the hotel. The room was huge but very dated and very dark but most of all, only one bed for the three of us. Back down to reception to spend 45 minutes to ask for an additional bed but just kept on getting told, we have a suite big enough for three. Yes we did but still needed a bed. It just seemed to go on and on. In the end they said not their problem as we booked through an agency even though my confirmation showed three people. I called my booking agent and whilst on the phone the hotel agreed to supply a mattress for the floor. This was the best that could be offered so my daughter had to sleep on the floor in what is meant to be a 5* hotel. As soon as you step outside you are hassled by the taxi guy. We asked about a jouney price which he quoted 20 ringits so we used Uber for 4 ringits. Breakfast the next morning was Chaos again, dirty tables, no cutlery, a very tired and run down dining room, awful choice of food and watered down orange juice and staff who just didnt care less. We didn't bother with breakfast after this. The attitude of the staff from reception to room maintainence was so poor, I have never experienced it before. Three signs in the room advising about safety and to use the safe. Our safe didn't work and was reported 3 times. Each time security where being sent to repair but I'm still waiting. Part of an extensive holiday, including Thailand, Sri Lanka and Dubai, in all of my life this has got to be the worst hotel and staff that I have ever experienced. On a plus point but nothing to do with the hotel, you must visit the Batu Caves and take the tour also of the dark cave. That is brilliant, unfortunately afterwards you will have to return to this grubby hotel.

Stayed: October 2017

Dear Johnny,

We unfortunately have discovered that you have us mistaken for another hotel with a ‘Pacific’ name attached to its branding. We are more than happy to give you the details . Please do correspond with us at marcom@pacific-regency.com for more information.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I’d like to start with the fact that I never really complain about hotels and I appreciate that you get what you pay for but this was without doubt a terrible experience that I feel needs to be shared with other people just in case they are thinking about booking here.

So we booked this as our last night in KL as we had been traveling round and staying with relatives, so we decided the final night to book a hotel expecting it to be a nice relaxing experience however it was the complete opposite.

Upon check in we got to the desk and the staff were oblivious to what was going on, the female receptionist was playing on her phone at the desk and the male receptionist was already on the phone, they were asking each other questions about our booking and then we were told the room had been cancelled. I questioned this and the receptionist responded saying “oh no actually it’s not cancelled, just not paid for.” So crisis averted we thought okay let’s just get checked in and head to our room.

Paperwork was completed and then we were asked to pay 400 MYR which was not made clear that we were paying a refundable deposit upon checkout. So I queried this and they provided me with a receipt which wasn’t itemised it had just stated 400MYR and it had no break down on what the room price was and what was the deposit.
Finally when we received our room keys we decided to head up to the room. The lifts that they had in the lobby were strange as one of them allowed you to only reach a certain number of floors so we had to take a specific lift which was hidden round the corner and we had to find ourselves.

When we got to the room upon first appearance it was a bit dirty, and had a musty smell but the windows were bolted shut. Stains on the carpet and a few scratches here and there on the walls and furniture, but as we were in there longer we noticed mould and a dirty tissue shoved behind the shower head as if to hold something in place, I was told that it had been recently renovated but the taps and toilet paper holder were all loose and out of place.
We also found a stain on the bed sheets of lipstick and a few other marks.

They offer you a kitchenette but no plates glasses or cutlery, there was a small induction cooker but no crockery.
The hotel information booklet was outdated and useless.

We called reception in regards to a smoking area and bar, they said head up to the rooftop bar and this will be available. So we went up and it was closed for a private function. Only one lift was working to bring us back down which took a lifetime.

When we raised these issues the receptionist kept going into a back office to check what she should do. Her response was that house keeping clean the rooms at 11am and if it was dirty it could have been down to us but we did not check in until 10pm.

At this point we decided to call it a night.

Terrible experience overall.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dominique F
PRHSKL, The Management of Pacific Regency Hotel Suites at Pacific Regency Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Dominique,

Thank you so very much for your feedback. We have conducted an exhaustive investigation on all of the comments and rest assured that we take all of it extremely seriously.

We discovered however that there were issues with your credit cards declining at the point of check in hence the delay due to administrative issues. As explained during check in- your room rate does not include the cooking facilities and accompanying paraphernalia which is chargeable at RM100.00 per night. The facilities are free however for our long termed customers who have the price of the cooking facilities factored into the monthly rate.

Thank you and we look forward to the pleasure of serving you again.