The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur
US$90
LeMeridien.com
US$126
US$111
The Westin Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$144
US$115
Hotels.com
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$95
Agoda.com
US$80
US$67
  • Restaurant
Sunway Putra Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$69
Agoda.com
US$98
US$28
US$26
2,597 results
All reviewscolonial cafeorchid roomtower wingold wingjunior suitehigh teasmoke housecolonial feelcontango restaurantcigar roomold railwayfour poster bednew towernational mosquedrawing roomshuttle busbird park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Wished we could have spent longer than 2 days at this special hotel.
It has been lovingly restored to its former glory harking back to colonial days.
We treated ourselves to a Colonial suite in the Majestic wing. It was one of the nicest hotel rooms I have stayed in.
We loved the turndown service and the complimentary laundry was a great perk. Our clothes came back like new!
We enjoyed the other perks of the Majestic wing such as the afternoon tea service and evening cocktails.
We made good use of the hotels shuttle service and didn't miss being in the centre of KL in fact it was a welcome retreat from the hot busy city.
The only thing that prevents me from giving a 5 star rating is the fact that we found the "butlers" in the Majestic wing to be quite junior and inexperienced. You would expect more senior staff here. The head concierge and his staff in the main hotel were fantastic in comparison anticipating our needs and taking time to chat to us. We were even given a guided tour of the hotel and told about the history of the building. We were extremely impressed. If the staff in the Majestic Club has someone of their kaliber overseeing things then it really would be perfect.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abbafan
TMKL-GM, General Manager at The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear abbafan

Greetings from all of us at the Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

We are most pleased to read of your recent relaxing stay at the Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur and thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

It is definitely great to hear that the staff had contributed in making your stay memorable.

Do visit us again should your travel brings you back to Kuala Lumpur and we look forward to your return back soon for more Majestic moments.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

Apparently there was a shuttle bus from KL Sentral. Driver was nice, and did his best to engage the passengers- i applaud his efforts! Reminds me of the Raffles Hotel Singapore on the outside- very colonial. On the inside, the hotel was grand and ceilings, high. The room was very modern, bright and welcoming.
Staff were friendly, courteous, and thoughtful They did their best to solve my wifi issues.
Excellent international buffet spread, be it breakfast or lunch!. Will be my go-to-hotel for my next trip!
Price wise- value for money!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 15th floor are generally quieter
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear RebecS

Greetings from all of us at the Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed previously, there is not much more to say than the title says, but, here goes.
As I write this I am staying in suite 1010.
A wonderful colonial hotel, impeccably clean, grand entrance and an array of dining options and drinking options, all keeping with the hotel's colonial roots.
Staff are unobtrusive, rooms are incredibly well decorated, the junior suite is highly recommended and very affordable.
Two swimming pools, great gym, very accommodation business centre and large open spaces in the lobby and next few floors to sit and dream the day away.
The concierge who greets you at the entrance is simply a gentleman, dressed in traditional colonial uniform and very welcoming.
On to the restaurants, one in the lobby and one in the old wing. Only tried the old wing restaurant, simply wonderful to dine with an impeccable jazz band playing live.
Besides the wonderfully large sumptuous rooms, the Smokehouse bar is a wonderful place to unwind, have a cocktail or G and T, order some food and even light up a cigar, yes you can smoke!!
Head down to the screening room with drink in hand and watch a 1950 classic movie or head to the cards room for a game of gin rummy and a Laphroaig.
The staff in the Smokehouse are fantastic and will mix a cocktail to die for, try the Malayan Colada.

If you need a shave, or haircut, there is a Truefitt and Hill barber underneath the bar.

Great Hotel, every aspect, stayed at over 300 hotels in my life and this certainly sits at number one.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Nicholas E
TMKL-GM, General Manager at The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Dear Nicholas E

Thank you for choosing the Majestic Kuala Lumpur to stay with us and for your fabulous review of our hotel.

It is wonderful to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Your compliments will certainly spur us on to provide the very best for our guests.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon for more Majestic moments.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Magnificent Majestic does not do this hotel justice, from when you arrive to when you check out this is a truly wonderful experience. Staff always have that all important smile when greeting you and the ambience in all areas is there to be enjoyed. The courtesy bus service runs like clock work and is such a good way to get you into the city if you do not fancy walking. Our room was lovely overlooking the 4th floor swimming pool and we had 4 nights wonderful sleep. The Majestic is an excellent place to stay and soak up a little of our Colonial past and long may it continue to be run in this way, thank you all for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnhp702

Dear johnhp702

Reviewed 15 March 2017

The hotel itself was really cool in decorations and service. However, the location of the hotel can be tricky. Although it seems to be pretty centre from google map, it actually would take quite sometimes to travel in/out of the hotel during busy hours. We did tried walking once, which isn't actually that bad. However, on a hot sunny day, this might not be the best option.

The hotel only has one restaurant offering only buffet, with not many options around, it can be pretty frustrating when you get hangry.

Unfortunately I have also experienced a unpleasant accident during my stay. I have lost my ring, this is purely down to my own stupidity but the lesson I learn is always put your valuable in the safe even for your jewellery. So what happened was I left my ring on the table and rushed out for the day, like I have been doing so for all the hotels I have stayed and I didn't pay too attention to it at all for the next few days. However, came the day I wanted to wear this ring, I realised that it wasn't on the table. Both my partner and I have literally look for it everywhere in the room, it wasn't there. As we were checking out, we mentioned it to the reception and I later got an email from the hotel stating that they too can't find it. I am not trying to point finger or say that someone has taken it. But on a safety side, it is best to keep your valuable in the safe.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple