“If Only”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The ambience - if only the restaurant is not so noisy, it would have been a good place to just unwind with coffee or wine or champagne, whatever tickles your pickle. The noise came from the air vent outside the restaurant.

The service - one particular waitress was really good. She served us well. Rather attentive. She helped a couple with a baby by taking care of him while the parents eat. The rest did not appear very friendly. In fact they have the look as if their relatives own the restaurant, not that they were rude or anything, just appeared somewhat unfriendly.

The food - we had the Capriciossa Pizza (beef pepperoni, capers) and the Linguine Carbonara (beef sausage, poached egg). I like them both. Although I must say it tasted like something is missing re the pizza. Not the best but somewhat above average and the Carbonara was also above average too. Not the best I have tested but I have no complaint. The portion, to me is just fine. I wouldn't be able to finish them on my own though.

The price - I suppose it ranges somewhat in between reasonable and expensive.

Coffee, well, I don't see how you can go wrong with Illy coffee

I would rank this restaurant based on my visit 6/10. I don't mind trying other dishes in the menu.

There are newer reviews for Blu Med

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Food: expensive food for a very average quality of taste and small portion as compared to other competitors.

Service: average standard service, however to our shock, 2 of their staffs were shouting and screaming with each other at the beverage counter!!! Thank god the music was loud, or else everyone can here them shouting.

Ambience: very nice, clean, good ambience. Too bad for the average food and not worth your money.

Will come again: definitely no

1  Thank Jasman H
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have eaten here twice, as I always like to give a restaurant a second try to be sure. I must say no doubt the overall environment was perfect.
But, I must also say they will need to improve a lot more on the food & services quality. The entire experience was a miss.

P/s: The waitress & Manager on duty doesn't look interested to serve the customer, until the Chef has to point to them.

Honestly, we don't recommend anyone who come here, poor value for money.

1  Thank Evangeline06
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The decor is great, the service is good, but the food for me was only mediocre.

I had the plain pizza, and to be honest, it really didn't stand out from the crowd. Thin based crust which in my mind was over cooked and far too crispy.

The pudding I had was very good if not on the very small size, but it did make up for the rather uneventful pizza.

I think it is worth a visit but just read through the menu very carefully and maybe avoid the pizza.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The entire experience was a miss.

1) Manager on duty did not look interested to serve customers. Even got my order wrong. I attribute it to him not writing our orders down.
2) The entire time, the restaurant was playing children's songs. It was songs literally sung by children. On loop. I had to eat while listening to kids singing "Under the sea", "Hokey Pokey" and "A whole new world".
3) The food was mediocre to horrible. The breakfast set included butter that is spoilt, vegetable that's rotten.

I don't reckon anyone should come here. The menu had set meals that are a bargain but for the service I got, I rather pay another RM10 more for breakfast in a restaurant that plays classier music, serves better food and staffs who are interested in doing their jobs.

1  Thank trinleo