Open today: 9:30 am - 4:15 pm

Book in advance
from
RM 84.82
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience National Planetarium
from RM 84.82
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2016

The National Planetarium is one of the many lesser known attractions in Kuala Lumpur. Our youngest wants to be an astronaut (at the moment) so when we heard it in the news that entrance is free till October, we made plans to visit. Overall it is a great way to spend 1-2 hours with young children, especially when they are into space-y stuff. The exhibits were excellent and interactive. There is a new Space Pod that tosses you around, supposedly to simulate experience in outer space, but it only fits two, and neither of our boys passed the 1-meter minimum height limit. They did however, enjoyed the Anti-Gravity Room, which was basically a claustrophobic tilted box with a slide at one end. Of course, they weren't impressed at all by the piece of meteorite. The planetarium is supposed to have just been through a RM5.7 million renovation, but some works are evidently still on going. For one the observatory needs some work. You still have to pay a small fee to watch a show in the dome-theatre. It would be great if they can produce shows in the local language, especially for children.

Date of experience: September 2016
4  Thank Afidalina N
Reviewed 1 September 2016

The last time I visited Planetarium was when I was very little like at the age of 6 or 7 years old and I remember being so amazed with all the exhibition and the 3D movie about planets.

After 21 years...I visited again with my friends and I still feel amazed with this place. Definitely a lot of new things for the exhibits shown including the first Malaysian astronaut history. The exhibition are free for visit but the show are all paid. We watched the Tilt show for Rm6 per person. It was very useful for kids (and adults, yes :))

Overall, I want to come visit here again to see other shows that I didn't get to see and wants to be amazed again.

2  Thank FazzyAz
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

For someone with a child mad on space this place is great. Probably a 2 hour visit which included a show. On the hop on hop off bus tour so easy to get to. It's not massive but a good place in air cond. to look through a telescope was a nice touch as well

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Q: Where do you site a Planetarium and Observatory?
A: On the top of a hill of course!!

The Planetarium and Observatory aren't on the KL map I was supplied so was surprised to find it quite literally behind the National Museum, but up over a footbridge and err, up the hill, quite a bit up the hill a bit actually...

They had technical issues today, so I went in for free and without children I was finished in around half an hour, but I didn't read and try all exhibits.

James May voices the 3pm show about our exploration of space and this has to be the best 25 minutes I've waited 25 minutes to spend!
A really engaging and informative show. Well done, hits the spot and had everyone engaged.

The centre may have been renovated by some other TripAdvisor comments, but seems to need it again! Possibly workmanship and poor quality control / supervision, but needs some TLC nonetheless.

Can you make it in and out of the loo's without someone turning the lights off on you???...

The Planetarium has a small refreshments sash gift shop, which shuts at lunch!! 🤔

Reviewed 25 July 2016

the National Planetarium of Malaysia is reopened recently after the renovation and upgraded works completed. Now the exhibition is much better with more interactive display. Besides the free exhibition, the main attraction in this planetarium is the space theater (need to pay). Dont miss out to check the observatory tower and outside exhibition such as the Stonehenge when you are visiting the National Planetarium which just a short walk from KL Bird Park. I think this attraction is suitable for both adult and children.

Date of experience: July 2016