Open today: Closed

Book in advance
from
RM 84.81
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience National Planetarium
from RM 84.81
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Went there recently just to kill some time. The entrance is free, but need to pay rm6 for the cinema ticket. The information is well written and interesting. The film in the theater is a bit boring since they use old film. But I couldn't take my eyes off the night skyline scene in the sphere cinema.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Unless you are planning to actually visit it, like go inside and do some activity, there is no point in visiting. From the outside it's just an unremarkable building. You might stop by if you are in the area, but there is no point in going out of your way just to have a look at it.
Btw, on the map it seems like it's pretty close to KL Sentral, and it is, except that there is just no way to reach it. I circled around for over an hour, and there is simply no sidewalk or street to get there. You will have to walk on the road/highway and run across it, trying to avoid getting hit by a car. I eventually tried to take a taxi, but taxi driver was very puzzled, and simply took me back to KL Sentral. So from there I took another train to Kuala Lumpur Station, and then it was pretty easy to walk to it.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Yuki4by
Reviewed 2 February 2017

We got to the museum at just after 10am and saw they offered free tours weekdays starting at 10am. We hurried to find the English speaking tour and joined in. The guides are volunteers and not only explained the key exhibits but also context and stories related to the history we were looking at. Our guide Eunice was a real character and brought the exhibits and history alive with her stories and explanations.

We learned a lot about the history of the country and its different areas.

It was well worth a visit.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank radaNZ
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

I loved my little side trip to this planetarium. The view from the high deck is good. To a few panoramic shots. The displays are nice. This is no Kennedy Space Center but you knew it wasn't going to be all that. Still, the AC is chugging away in there and it's all good. I was struck by the slant towards Russia in its portrayal of the exploration of space. Maybe they donated the money to build it and got top billing from it?

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I have no complaints at all, when the entrance is free and you can have fun while having a knowledge with your kids.

The show really interesting and my kid could ride a capsule space for free after the show.

All was great