3,887 results
All reviews orchid club park royal hotel chatz brasserie bukit bintang family suite sungei wang deluxe room berjaya times square monorail station excellent location walking distance major shopping stayed here for nights buffet breakfast central location food court golden triangle
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

"It was a great stay for 4 days 3 nights.Smooth check in. Weve got the Deluxe King Room with breakfast included. Breakfast was nice and varieties of choices. Stayed 16th floor,corner room. Quiet and cosy section. Train station nearby Bukit Bintang or Imbi. Convenient location to get food and shop. Shopping malls within walking distance example: Berjaya Times Square,Lot 10,Pavillion,Sungei Wang. For food lovers can choose Sungei Wang or food truck located right opp of the hotel. Tourist are able to get to their Hop on Hop off ride at the Sungei Wang Plaza (purchasing of tickets required). However, a slight disappointment when the wardrobe door was faulty (im unable to open/close cabinet properly),shower holder was loose. We didnt request for change as we thought it will be quite hassle. However will i still recommend Parkroyal to other travellers? Definitely yes. We love the location and convenient for travellers."

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
MrGuyOwen, General Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Eva F,

Thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor and found our location convenient for all of your travel needs! We appreciate your valuable feedback about slight disappointment on the wardrobe door and shower holder as they provide us an opportunity to target areas of concern for improvements.
We are also pleased to hear that it is very likely that you will recommend PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur to others; we consider this to be a great compliment. Please join us again for another memorable hotel experience!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Check-in was less than smooth, but not lengthy. Reception lad could not find my reservation, but that was overcome swiftly - he helped me with a great room on the 18th floor (hotel is 21 storey only). As expected, room is slightly aged; but reckon the housekeeper on my floor (friendly Malay lady) has done well. Clean & spotless room. Breakfast is still good, but not as good as before...the cardinal point is the nasi lemak - it lost its crown. Choices remain good, impressed with diversity of fresh fruits (FRESH!!!). Fresh orange juice is a big plus...Lads, at this price, this hotel remains a good old gem. Location is good, walking distance to Lot 10 and the likes of Bukit Bintang. TIP - Download GRAB to access other parts of KL

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Vectra228
MrGuyOwen, General Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Vectra228,

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad that you found the location convenient for all of your travel needs. Nevertheless, I am very concerned with your comment about our signature Nasi Lemak, The Executive Chef is on to it.

We appreciate your valuable feedback as they provide us an opportunity to target areas of concern and make improvements. I hope to welcome you back for a better hotel experience.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Booked a short staycation to celebrate husband's birthday and our 14th wedding anniversary. Was lured into booking via the hotel website when they stated free upgrade if booking was made there. Should've booked via a third party website - they quoted the exact same price and I can even earn cashback and cash gift cards for future booking.

We chose the Orchid Club room because we love trying out executive lounges and club facilities. Usually, these type of rooms are located on higher floors but not here - so a little boo there. Our room was on the 4th floor and the sound of traffic can be heard faintly - though did not disturb our sleep.

There was a small issue when we tried to park - after following the signs towards hotel parking, we found that the entrance was blocked by lorries unloading supplies. When we tried to ask if this was the entrance to the parking (for all we know, it wasn't) - they were just signalling 'CLOSED' and wouldnt let us in. Even when I tried to explain that we were hotel guests, they were shouting back loudly and saying no. We had to re-enter and seek help from your staff. I didn't catch his name - but he had to walk all the way down to sort it out. But - please la --- why is the loading bay the same place as the entrance to the parking?

We were ushered to the 6th floor for check in - and that was straight forward.

Room is clean, love the bathroom which had both a tub and a shower compartment. Bed is HUGE and supercomfy - love the pillows.

There is a turn-down service - and they gave us chocolates - I thought that was really sweet. Not many hotels are doing this anymore.

The orchid club is huge and cosy - guests can choose to dine inside or outside - but with only being at 6th floor - the view wasn't that impressive. The evening canapes was filling that we didn't have to have anything else for dinner. The food was just OK - i have had better spring rolls at night markets and the sate lacked the smokiness of sates cooked on coals - but I guess it would have been perfectly acceptable to guests who weren't familiar with the local cuisine.

We chose to have breakfast at the club rather than downstairs and loved it so much that we stayed for 2 hours. Guests get to order from a special breakfast menu consisting of items like a western breakfast, congee, nasi lemak, and teriyaki salmon, among some that I remember.
I wasn't sure if we could order everything on the menu if we wanted to, but after having one each, we were already full. The counter had the usual sausages and mushroom and potatoes and beef bacon, yoghurt, juice and bread plus a selection of pastries.

Check out was also uneventful - though I would like to suggest that guests are given the option to have receipts printed out. I certainly didn't want one - and that would have saved one piece of paper and envelope - after all, I am sure will get thrown away anyway.

Love the location - Berjaya Times Square is just 5 mins walking - and Sungei Wang just right across. At night, I could spot food trucks in the empty parking lot - would have loved to see what was being offered. and Jalan Alor is nearby.

All in all, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue_Tiramisu

Dear Sue_Tiramisu,

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We arrived at the hotel tired and cranky and 4 hours before checking in time but the reception staff were very kind and not only upgraded our room but they also allowed us to check in and allowed us into the room which was a godsend.
The location of the hotel is definitely an advantage as it is right in the midst of everything and a very short walk from malls , markets and the Petronas Towers which I have to say are outstanding in the evening whilst lit up.
The hotel staff was very helpful in assisting with information regarding how to get around the city, we opted for the metro which I have to say is not only very cheap but also clean and punctual , we also took the train to Batu Caves (couples can’t sit in carriages 3&4- it’s women only ) and I would highly recommend a visit
Back to the hotel, I would recommend that you don’t get a front facing room , we did and as nice as the room was it was noisy at night time, you could clearly hear the traffic especially scooters all night long - may the windows need re-sealing .?
Over all nice hotel with great staff, would definitely return

Room Tip: Avoid front facing rooms below 8th floor
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Redchangchun,

We are happy to read your positive review and I would like to thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel for your holiday in Kuala Lumpur. Please join us again for another memorable hotel experience!

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Had a really good three night stay as part of tour of Malaysia. Great walk from here to Shopping Malls and Petronas Twin Towers. Nice cafe and bar with reasonable prices. Pool was fine, what you expect in city centre. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group
MrGuyOwen, General Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Dear neillynda,

We are very happy to hear that you had a fantastic visit with us. Thank you for all your lovely comments of our hotel & associates, which I have shared with our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another amazing stay!