“Not as before....”

Ranked #211 of 4,487 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: European, French, Contemporary
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Simply fine food in a room with a view. Cantaloupe is part of a multi-concept dining experience at Troika Sky Dining, nestled atop the iconic 'The Troika'. Indulge in a menu of beautiful dishes made with invention and integrity by Chef Christian Bauer.
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I have had the pleasure of having the Sunday lunch 2 years ago .I found the standard of food then exceptional and generous. In event of a Birthday treat to a friend I decided to revisit this venue.
Unlike the previous, I must admit that the level of excellence is not as before. The food served is still of good standard however portions have shrunk and the willingness to top up servings was not forthcomingly as open nor as willing. Again unlike before, the finesse and imagination of creations at the dessert buffet was also not there.
While the vista is still as dramatic, there is a dire need to give a BIG dose of TLC to the place .(e.g. the carpets looked grubby , the walls were obviously marked - to name a few obvious points) It is a real shame that the attention to maintaining standards have slipped.
I know I am being rather picky and pedantic but I humbly think that to loose out on being one of THE places to go for a nice lunch to that of any ol' buffet set lunch place due to complacency would be a real shame .

nrhnrh8383, Public Relations Manager at Cantaloupe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you for dining with us recently for our Big Sunday Lunch. We have noted down your feedback, and will take these points into account to ensure an enjoyable dining experience for all our guests. We do have plans to refresh the interiors in due time. Thank you again for your patronage and your constructive comments.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I took a friend while he was in town on business. I actually wanted to book Fuego but it was fully booked. However that turned out to be a blessing.

I thought the food was excellent. I especially enjoyed the small course concept and the ability to order 4, 6 or i courses.

The wine list is extensive and well priced for KL.

I could not fault the experience, view (we sat outside), service or cooking.

Excellent!

1  Thank David C
nrhnrh8383, Public Relations Manager at Cantaloupe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you David for your kind words and taking time to share thoughts on your dining experience. We look forward to welcoming you again at Troika Sky Dining!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Here for a set lunch with friends. Nice menu. Good service. The views are great too. Recommend the French 75 cocktail.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Our first time to dine for lunch at Cantaloupe was for our 20th anniversary in March.

This time round, we chose to dine here again for my birthday, together with our daughter.

The reservation was a bit confusing at first - online as well as call-in. I reserved online, after a few hours, received email that the reservation was cancelled, I called the restaurant to reserve again.

The service team again did an excellent job is serving the lunch while we were there. I remember the team from the last visit. They are great and attentive to every request as well as fast to serve. One really enjoy the view as well as the food.

The view is great, although there is a large billboard blocking the view to KLCC now, kind of a let down.

I love the lavatory of this place, very thoughtful - love the hand cream.

Highly recommended for private fine dining.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

With great set up and up scale of menu this fine dining it is worth if you come with your love one. Very romantic dinner for just two of you. It is sky dining as well open after 6PM. however you may come before than to hang around at coppersmith before hand.