“Great Hotel, 5 minutes away from Chow Kit Mono Rail stn, KL”
Review of Brisdale

Brisdale
Ranked #286 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Good hotel.....
paid only little more than 1K INR for a room after a diccount on MMT.

Got a room on the 16th floor, with great view of the city..................
decent spacious room ( worth the price Im paying)

Good staff..........had to leave at 5.30 AM to catch my 0920 flight back home, and requested for packaged breakfast and was give n a decent sized reasonably-filling sandwich with a bottle of water..also had a cupo of coffee with the coffee maker etc in the room.........so glad !!

Only the bath tub needs little renovation or repair.....

Else all good........well worth what you pay for.........also free Wi Fi in the lobby !

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 July 2010

I stayed here July 2010 and I will NEVER ever go back.
The hotel is located in one of the dirtiest parts of the city and my room had a lovely view of the garbage dump beside the hotel. The front of the hotel was hard to reach as it was blocked by a bunch of merchant stalls.The whole place smelled bad---kind of a mixture of smoke and the outside environment. When I got to my room, I noticed that some parts of the carpet were burnt. The bathroom had no drain cover and the bath tub had streaks from what looked like old bath mats. I had read reviews on the hotel, and I knew that it was three-star but I did not expect it to be that terrible.

The worst part about staying there, however, were the bugs. When I first walked into the room, I saw what appeared to be a cockroach on my towel. (I couldn't tell if it was a cockroach as I was too busy freaking out and asking my cousin to get rid of it.) Even worse, I left the hotel with many bites on my hands, arms and shoulders, which could only be the work of bed bugs from the hotel.

The experience was absolutely horrible (although they did have some redeeming qualities like the good buffet breakfast and availability of wifi) and I cringe at the thought of ever staying in that place again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Smooth check-in at about 1.30pm, I requested for a high floor, non smoking room and they manage to fulfil my request. The elevator were slow as per the other reviews but it didn’t bother me much. Room was clean and had a spectacular view of the city.

Everything was found to be in good condition. The bathroom was divided into 2 parts, 1 for the basin and wardrobe the other for the bathtub and WC. Although this was a 3 star hotel, Everything in the bathroom was so clean.

Breakfast at the Restaurant on the roof top way exceeded my expectation for the price I paid. Breakfast has got rice, noodles, cereals, bread, fruits and other condiments. And not to forget, the nice view of Kuala Lumpur.

Swimming pool on the other side was a disappointment as the water were too cold and looks very dirty. However again, for the price I paid, A swimming pool was an added bonus.

Location wise, I would say it is not suitable for first timer to K.L as it is a bit out of the way, In Chow Kit.

In summary, I would say this hotel is very very very value for your money. Where else can you find a hotel that cost RM140/night(the price I paid) that comes with a swimming pool, bathtub, newspaper , and breakfast ?

The only thing which I don’t like was the swimming pool and the location for the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Myself, my wife Shanthalakshmi Sriram and daughter Nandini Sriram checked in on 9th May 2010 at about 5 p.m. Check-in was smooth & quick rather I would say well handled by the staff at Reception. Our stay was from 9th to 13th May 2010. Of course I had made the reservation online in advance. While making the reservation I had requested for a superior twin room in which breakfast for two persons is included. Since we were three, while making the booking I had requested free breakfast for three persons to which they agreed and confirmed the same through the mail.

I was given Room No. 1625 on the 16th floor facing Petronas & KL Tower. The spectacular view from the room is beyond description. The room though tired, is OK for tourists who spend a few hours in the room barely for resting.

The items for breakfast are very limited as far as vegetarians are concerned. You will have to request the restaurant manager the previous day and they may give you a vegetable fried rice. Non-veg. items are more and I cannot comment as we are pure vegetarians.

Since my family was very much impressed with the room provided, they insisted that we stay in Brisdale again on 20th May since our return ticket was on 21st May (we were actually returning from Singapore). Accordingly, on 13th while checking out I had requested them to block a room for 20th May. The staff in the reception made a note of it.

On 20th I reached around 3 p.m and I was provided a room on 13th floor (1321 if I remember correctly). No doubt the room had the same view outside, but bore a very tired look (worst than my first stay on 16th floor). Added to this, the door was not locking properly; the bathtub was very bad; water leaking in the toilet tap; ugly carpet; stained bathroom. Overall, we were cursing ourselves for having returned to Brisdale.

On the 21st morning before breakfast I noticed that only two people were provided free breakfast. Then I approached the reception and explained them that the previous week I had stayed and three B/F was given and requested them to provide three to which they refused and said it is the hotel policy to provide only 2 B/f and they would not have provided three. Unfortunately I had discarded the online confirmation showing three breakfast for my stay from 9 to 13 May and could not show them. Neither they were ready to check their records. I could see a change in the attitude of the staff when compared to my previous week stay.

The television channels are limited. There are no indian channels at all; though I saw many indians stay there.

No doubt, the rate is moderate.

A little bit of refurbishing, painting and maintenance can be taken up. Staff members should be requested to be more cooperative and accommodating since in this is a hospitality industry.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2010

We booked in to this hotel (last year)as it was a 3 star with the pics looked good & it had the basics that we needed at a very good price. The staff were very friendly and helpfull with our needs, we even got upgraded to a bigger suite for no reason!! We walked in, it smelt mouldy the corridors were dirty smelly, paint pealing etc.. the room had complimentary Tshirt & Fruit bowl & toiletries ( a good point!), but the room was discusting, it looked dirty, paint pealing off the cealing, iron burns & stains on the carpet, the fridge & the cabinet had mould on it. The directory was half missing, phone not working, a 3 legged broken table, tiles were filthy, leather lounge-crusty. the pics on the web site made it look decent! The view was of the city in the distance which was ok. The taxi drivers dont drive down the street as it is known as a rough area, so we walked to a taxi, the locals stare at you, didnt feel safe (even hubby felt this). We reckon the hotel is over rated 3 stars is too high, it has all the cons of a 3 star but its just not up to standard. We were disappointed in our choice & checked out 20mins later!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple