“Fabulous” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dewan Filharmonik Petronas

Dewan Filharmonik Petronas
More attraction details
Owner description: Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS, located in the middle of the PETRONAS Twin Towers, is a concert hall dedicated to classical music. Home to the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra. Follow us: Facebook & Instagram (Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra)
M.nxrgpb.
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Fabulous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Interesting programme in a great auditorium. Loved the dress code as everyone looked as though they were going to the theatre

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Shanghai, China
116 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Professional and worldclass”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I took my kids, 5 and 7, for a family concert in April. I used to go to classical concerts regularly before the kids and I was looking forward to this one.
First of all, this is a beautiful and great hall. The sound is good. The musicians are very good.
We had a change of program and I was a bit worried, because the one I picked (Inspector Tovey investigates rhythm) sounded good for little kids.
We ended up with "A journey through music history". My worries were useless. The conductor lead us professionally on this journey and the music, they had picked, was perfectly suitable for kids. The concert took 1 hour.
We will definitely come back to enjoy more.
By the way, don't worry to much about the dress code for the kids. Just nice pants and a nice shirt are good, no need to dress them up very elegantly.

Visited May 2013
KL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“one of to do list”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

very nice place. formal attire required. sound effect was great, the hall was big enough to acomodate large crowd. better be there early as the door will be closed once the performance begin. there will be break in between. you can look for parking towards philhamonik signage in the basement parking which can lead you straight up nearer to the petronas tower.

Visited January 2013
Jakarta
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Rude Staff, nitpicking dresscode”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I booked 4 tickets to see one of the orchestra based on recommendation of Tripadvisor.
I took my husband, and our older parents.
What a disappointment. My biggest mistake ever.

This place has the most ridiculous staff, nitpicking everything you wear, especially if you don't look like Malaysian race. From shoes, pants, sandals, etc. We shared our sentiment with one Western gentleman, who was denied entry because he wears corduroy pants.
The door staff are rude, self righteous, offensive and very smug. We had never been so offended.
And all this just to listen to a local Malaysian orchestra on our holiday?!

If you're visiting, don't bother wasting your time. Better save the money and hear a better orchestra in London, or New York. They have better performance with better service.

Visited May 2013
13 Thank squinting
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nice but never take the cheapest ticket.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

If you like orchestra, go for it. The place is well maintained. Never get the cheap tickets as you'll end up in the front row having "loud noises", "looking at shoes" and wasting the entertainment. Save up and get the middle seats at least.

Visited June 2012