“Alexis Bangsar Shopping Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alexis

Alexis
Ranked #370 of 4,051 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Alexis Bangsar Shopping Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

I ate here for the first time last week and it was a great experience. There were four adults and two children in the party. The service was swift and polite. The children's food was served up quickly to satisfy their hunger. The adults ordered a variety of dishes from the menu and none of them disappointed. I had the seafood pizza and it was divine. Everyone else thoroughly enjoyed their meals too. Dessert is always my favorite part of any meal and Alexis have a huge variety to choose from. Bangsar is not a cheap place to eat but Alexis certainly offers good value for money in my opinion. Well worth a visit and you have to have dessert.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Dekari

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Cakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I visit Alexis for its cakes mainly. Personal favourite is the tiramisu as it is surrounded by a crust of caramelized almonds. The carrot cake is delicious too.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank m00lah
“Regular no more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

My friends and I have been Alexis regulars for years (since 1998 at the very least!) and we have been more and more disappointed each year. We used to come to Alexis bangsar everyday for years till a lot of us relocated out of the country for work and when we came back, the first thing we wanted to do is visit Alexis.

Now Alexis has quite a number of branches and I've been to all of them. Food quality has definitely dropped for one but the Cakes/desserts still A-okay.

What is disappointing is the service. We love the main bangsar group who brought service standards in KL to good heights, which was why we went to Alexis every other day if not every other day. Norfah, Terence, Azhari, Elisabeth were all amazing people and staff and I do believe they are the reasons people frequent Alexis.

Service at BSC is the most atrocious. We've had the waiters slam the food down, show attitude so many times that we have now decided to come go there at all. If we do, we just buy the cakes and go. I hate to say this because I am fond of Norfah but only him and 2 other staff is okay. The rest should be fired or re-trained!

When friends ask where to go, Alexis is no longer in our top list. Some foreign friends have said they felt awful after their experiences there so it was really embarrasing recommending a place you love and getting that feedback.

I will only say go to Alexis Gardens where Terence is and even tho I don't smoke, I will sit near the bar area because that's the best place to get good and quick service. The Alexis at Gardens used to be so-so (service wise) but I recently went again and they have better staff and efficient, alert and smiling.

Hope Alexis gets on top of this problem. We are all terribly disappointed at the service level knowing what Alexis used to be.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank FarizzaMia
“Classy and nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

It's not just an F&B outlet, it's a perfect venue for people watching. More often than not, local celebrities, who's who and politicians can be spotted here.

The carrot cake and tiramisu cake is to die for.

The pasta is very nicely done, very good selection.

Do end your meal with a nice cup of espresso.

Visited March 2012
Singapore
“Pavlova is a must-try; staff attitude needs to be improved”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We went to Alexis on a KL friend's recommendation, and we were glad to have made the trip down to the shop. We ordered Pavlova and Tiramisu, as these two seemed to be the hot favourites among their regular customers. Their tiramisu was definitely special, with caramelized nuts on top. But I still prefer their Pavlova - creamy and sinful to the very end, with the sweetest strawberries, ever.

The staff's attitude left much to be desired though. We were just gestured into the restaurant and obviously there's just one vacant table to the direction which the waiter gestured. No menu was given to us - I had to go to their counter to grab two menu. When we called and settled the bill, the waiter literally just threw the bill with our loose change back on our table. How rude! And just to make things clear, we had not made a single complaint or were being obnoxious while we were there. My partner and I were of smiles when ordering, and we said "thank you" each time our food and drinks were served to us. The staff's attitude were downright disappointing, to say the least.

I'd go back to Alexis for their cakes the next time I'm in KL, but definitely not this outlet at The Gardens anymore. Their service is horrible.

• Visited April 2012